New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Loews Atlanta Hotel

Loews Atlanta Hotel
Ranked #3 of 177 Hotels in Atlanta
Fairfax VA
“Gorgeous hotel, great staff - but a big problem”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. Gorgeous rooms, great meeting spaces, convenient location. Staff was friendly and helpful. So why just an average rating?

When I checked in, they were overbooked, and walked me to another hotel for the first of my scheduled two-night stay. That's unfortunate, but not unknown, and I would only knock off one point for that. My objection is what they did, and didn't do, to apologize. What they did was pay for a taxi to another hotel, and comp my night in the hotel. That's all standard for any time you get walked - nothing out of the ordinary. But the other hotel was MUCH inferior. Maybe that's all that was available nearby. But comping a business traveler's hotel night is good for the *employer*, but not for the *employee* who was inconvenienced and disappointed by a stay in a two star hotel when the reservation was for a four star location. They did upgrade me to a nicer room for my second night back at the Loews, but that was it. Not a lot to say "we screwed up and we're sorry".

So when you see my "value" rating of one point, that's why. When a high end hotel walks a customer with a guaranteed reservation to an inferior hotel, they need to do more than the minimum.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
baltimore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the president's day weekend. Upon check-in the front desk was not forth coming with the $75 per night hold that is placed on the CC for incidentals. I have never heard of a hotel that holds this much against your account. So for a 4 night stay make sure you have an extra $300 around for the privilege of staying here. On top of that for some reason the night audit decided my room did not have enough of a hold, so held another $250 against my CC.

The internet was another $9.95 a night PER DEVICE. So make sure that you do connect multiple devices or watch out when you check out!

At check out, I had them process the final to my CC. They told me that the CC was declined. SO I had to give them a separate CC to close out the charges to. When I called my CC company the only charges on the account were from the LOEWS! So for some reason they could not even close out the account to the holds that they had on this CC.

I decided to call the hotel for explanation of all of the CC holds and the Front Desk manager was apologetic. He did say he would credit me back for one of the nights of the stay.

I honestly loved the hotel and would stay there again, but this whole nightmare will keep me from doing so.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nathanyell
Mark C, General Manager at Loews Atlanta Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jason B.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this detailed review. We need to hear about our opportunities as well as our successes in order for us to keep getting better, so your feedback is invaluable. We are so sorry to hear that you had some rough patches during your stay with us and want to assure you that this is not the norm by any means. You have provided us with a lot of detail on your experience, however, we would like to discuss the situation in detail, so we can ensure no other guest has an experience like this. You can reach me at mkoka@loewshotels.com

Again, we appreciate the feedback, and hope to have the opportunity to give you a true Loews Atlanta experience in the near future.

Mohan Koka
Director of Rooms
Loews Atlanta Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is absolutely amazing. It's gorgeous inside and out. I'm not really into views since I'm rarely in the rooms but any high floor has nice views. Some overlook parking lots but with the streets and city which is lively. The spa is SO relaxing and very helpful employees. You can valet park for $30 per night or self for a lot cheaper right across the street. The staff is very helpful and the Eleven Restaurant has great meals from breakfast to dinner. For a moder, relaxing stay… choose Loews Atlanta!

Room Tip: Just ask for any high floor
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
upstate ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at the Loews Atlanta last weekend for a Cheerleading competition. It is a beautiful property with a great staff. Anything we wanted or needed was taken care of.
Love the extra touches like the TV in the bathroom. The beds are were very comfortable.
We will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank UpstateNySimplyme
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

There are lots of very good hotels in Atlanta. You've probably not heard much about the relatively new Loews Hotel in Midtown, but you should. I would put it in the same category as the nearby Four Seasons and better than the nearby W, but at a much more reasonable price point than either (except for the $30 overnight valet ripoff). Interiors are beautifully done, bathrooms are spacious, service throughout is excellent. (I have never been at another hotel where I was so consistently addressed by name.) The Eclipse health club/fitness center caters to local members as well as hotel guests so it is huge and exceptionally well-equipped. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business