“Pork Belly is not a meal whch most Yankees are familiar”
Review of One Flew South

One Flew South
Ranked #47 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Pork Belly is not a meal which most Yankees are familiar

The menu is as fresh as the name, One Flew South.

One Flew South is more like an upscale urban restaurant. We like the wall of a Georgia forest photo-mural opposite the open exterior wall with wood slates that is open to the mall; in addition, there is an exterior “patio” seating.

We like the upscale bar; however, we avoid drinks on board and in airports.

Our server, is a pro, and knows the menu. The menu is variety of sushi, soups, salads, sandwiches and entrées. Pork Belly “sliders,” and entrées are featured.

Pork Belly is not a meal that most Yankees are familiar, and Kenneth guarantees that we shall love this dish, or he will eat it.

Like bacon? You are going to love Pork Belly if you can find it. The finished pork belly is sweet from the caramelized sugars and salty and spicy from the rub, soft and unbelievably rich from the slow cooking and abundant rendered fat but pleasingly crispy and brittle on the corners from the quick early broil.

We like the white marble table tops, and white is the thematic color of One Flew South.

We often refrain from declaring that “this is the best,” however, One Flew South is given one’s taste and budget, the best upscale restaurant in Hartsfield, and competes well with any U.S. airport dining.

Roasted Pork Belly with Black-Eyed Peas , Arugula, and Parsnips with
Malbec

Service: Excellent

Dining: Roasted Pork Belly with Black-Eyed Peas , Arugula, and Parsnips with
Malbec

Menu: Upscale Southern

Noise Level: Comfortable

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I had ravioli with arugula and it was so good and balanced. Tried the bourbon old fashioned and it was a little strong for me. I will for sure look for this place in ATL if I need to grab a bite at the airport.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This is a restaurant that I’ve been visiting over the years..not sure what has happened. My husband ordered an $18 burger that was petite and they wouldn’t allow him to have it cooked ‘medium’. I ordered a Tuna “Banh mi”... in the menu it was described as “poached tuna” what I was served looked like tuna straight out of the can, I was beside myself. Instead of complaining I just decided I will never eat here again. The quality was great while it lasted. Oh well.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Great place for sushi and edamame. Especially nice on a long layover since they take time preparing the food. They did ask how long we had before our flight so they could prioritize our order if need be. Great service and food! Will be back the next time I’m in ATL!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

When you're traveling through the airport it's very hard to find foods that is not fast food. That's the nice thing about this restaurant is it does have decent quality food. I don't give it any points for the atmosphere and I don't give it any points with the service but at least it's not fast food