“Delicious”

Sweet Auburn Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Sweet Auburn Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #257 of 4,304 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$40 - US$60
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Ate here on a Tuesday night and chances upon a snow crab special. Sooo delicious, but messy. The fried calamari was unlike any I had before and the grilled shrimp was awesome. My new go to place in Atlanta

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The service was great and Anequa did a great job at making my friend feel special on her birthday! I tried the salmon and it was crisp and well done just how I like it. The mac and cheese didnt taste homemade but the sweet potatoes fries had a unique taste to it that was very delicious.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Great atmosphere, delicious southern food, very friendly vibe. We arrived at 6pm and got a table after about 5 minutes of a wait (had not made reservations). It took quite some time for the food to come, but it was worth the wait, plus the cocktails were delicious, so we did not mind.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

It was my first and last time here. I was highly disappointed. My party of three waited an hour for a table. Once we were seated and placed our order. Our food took another hour and a half to come to the table. I ordered a seafood omelet that was almost cold and the home fries were extra crispy. The manager was unapologetic for the inadequate service and poor food quality. The expression on his face was very uninterested in anything we had to say. He gave us a discount but honestly we shouldn't have paid a dime.

4  Thank The1nonlyvdot
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Ok, so me and my husband were on a date which consisted of watching a musical. We had a wonderful time and decided we would find somewhere to eat where we could pick up the I-75 with ease. Did a search for restaurants in the area and saw Sweet Auburn, heard mixed reviews but I always like to make up my own mind.
Ambiance was nice, soulful music in the background nice and not overpowering so we could hear each other speak.
We placed our order of cocktails (prices are not quoted) followed by our appetizers. About 25 mins later our were served. They were warm fresh, tasty and satisfying. At this time we ordered our mains, short ribs for me and stuffed flounder for hubby, YUMMY!!
When our plates were finally collected, we were told our mains will be out shortly. Right about now, you should be asking yourself what does "shortly" mean? 35 minutes later our waitress tells us they have just run out of short ribs!!!! JUST???? I wasn't about to let this rest. I asked the waitress to get the Manager. She said the young waitress didn't explain properly. Fact is, they didn't have any when my order was placed and no one said a word. I told her it was unacceptable. She asked if I wanted to choose another main course. Was she for real? So we are supposed to wait another half hour or more maybe. Uh uh, no way!! We asked for the bill and when it arrived it said $55. I asked to see the Manager again and asked her why they haven't comped the order? She said she had. She said she had removed everything that was ordered. I had to explain what 'comped' mean't. She reluctantly took the bill back and said she would deal with it. A new bill created at $43 - 2 drinks and 1 crab cake.
I will not be going back and I will not be recommending it. Please understand that if this is the type of customer service you want from a restaurant charging top restaurant prices, go forth my friend!! I've tried to keep this clean and there is so much more I would like to say but
we were extremely disappointed and more so because this was our date night.
I have given a rating of 1 star because there is no alternative to leave 0.

2  Thank Flirtallya123

Been to Sweet Auburn Seafood? Share your experiences!