“Grown Folk Style”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Fourth Ward
Cross street: Boulevard
Reviewed 18 July 2017

A couple of my girlfriends and I visited while we were all in town celebrating a friend birthday! We really enjoyed ourselves here! The band that played that night kept the crowd rocking, the drinks were great and kept flowing just in time, and the food was just as good! Our waiter was great! Good place to visit for the grown folks!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

One of my worst dining experiences Ever! Besides waiting two hours to receive our meals as we were listening to live music, Desert came out first. Of the two couples at the table, one couple got their food. 30 minutes later, the third person got some their food. We were supposed to have appetizers and did not receive it until after we had eaten and shared our meals because everyone had not received their food. We were just ready to leave. To add insult to injury, when we complained about having to pay full price for food that we did not receive nor got a chance to eat, the manager Martin Boyer proceeded to tell us that he had done a favor by discounting a drink and removing one meal. Did I mention that the desserts were taken back to the kitchen once they realized that we had not received entrées? I wonder who got those desserts that had sat at our table for over 30 minutes while we waited for real food to arrive. The live entertainment was amazing thanks to Erica Dawson and The Exclusive Band. They were The Only bright spot of the evening . However, I would avoid Cafe Circa at all costs! NEVER EAT THERE AGAIN!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I've returned to Cafe Circa because it is again the enjoyable Friday night atmosphere that I enjoyed prior to the past three years. They feature live music again, and the rooftop has been restored to a cool hang out spot. Check them out on a Friday night in the Old Fourth Ward district!

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

We came here to celebrate a bday. It was a nice and cool place. We did the VIP table. Try location is cool but limited parking.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Ok, so Erika, and her band, exclusive_bandATL was phenom!! She really engaged the crowd, her voice was amazing, and we loved it. Now the food? The service?. We originally had a party of 14, needless to say we did not sit together until we put our own tables together after originally making reservations.☹️ then it took us 45 minutes to receive our food, our cook? was on the dance floor..... in his clear cook gloves.. I had the southern fried wings and season fries... my wings came out 45 minutes after ordering and they were partially cooked. My fries came out 15 minutes prior to my wings coming out. Do you think they took anything off my bill? No they did not. I will not be back. Forget about reporting the rooftop dance area... just don't bother, go next door or across the street. Loved the band though

1  Thank Lauren W