All reviewsinman parkgarden roomroyal suitethe main housekrog street marketrocking chairshouse is beautifulfive pointswonderful hostsbeautiful bed and breakfastwalkable neighborhoodmartin luther kingsouthern charmb bsfresh fruitjimmy carterstayed longer
Reviewed 20 July 2015

We arrived at the Sugar Magnolia after dropping our son off for a month long sleep away camp in Cleveland, Ohio. From the moment we walked in the stress melted away. The owner was so very pleasant always making sure we had what we needed. Kathryn, the innkeeper is truly amazing. Walking downstairs to a delicious homemade breakfast and her beautiful smile was the best way to start every day. The garden view room is perfect . You can walk out on the the patio and take the views in. They respect your privacy and we felt comfortable the entire weekend. I highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I stay at Sugar Magnolia at least once a year. They are located in the historic Inman park area which is centrally located and only a short distance to the nearest Marta station. I love the quiet serenity of the place considering its located in one of the busiest urban areas in the country. The service is top notch Kathryn and Josie did a superb job in attending to any requests that I had plus they are excellent travel guides. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great breakfasts that I had while there. Kathryn is a great breakfast chef. I have learned a lot about Atlanta from my stays at Sugar Magnolia. I would highly recommend Sugar Magnolia it's the first place I think of when coming to Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Unless you need to stay in town, I recommend this B&B. We were here for a convention & were just a short train ride away. It's a beautiful home with a great Innkeeper - Kathryn...beautiful area, great restaurants. The breakfasts were delicious and there is plenty of parking. Our convention was very large so getting food...either a snack or a nice dinner was difficult when we were downtown. That's why we really appreciated the local food court near the Sugar Magnolia (which has fabulous bar-b-que) and a number of other eateries in a cute converted warehouse, the casual " Jakes" spot or the upscale Raybuns. Raymuns is a must for a delicious, leisurely, special dinner. All of these just a few blocks away. Traffic was crowded downtown, so we used " MARTA" the area train and bus system. It's extremely convenient. From the Sugar Magnolia, we just walked about 5 city blocks, hopped on the train , & were in the city in about half an hour. We got a 4 day unlimited pass for $20.00. For travelers who have manageable luggage, we got back to the airport for the trip home by walking to the train station....and then taking 2 trains directly to the airport. Connections were great and we arrived at the airport in 50 minutes from the time we left. Super easy and it saved us about $50.00! We would definitely go back here again and feel like it would be like returning to see friends!

Room Tip: All the rooms are well done...just depends on how much room you like to have.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Joanna G
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I stayed in the Garden Suite in Sugar Magnolia Bed and Breakfast on a beautiful summer's night. The Garden Suite was so pretty, opening onto a garden balcony, and the comfy bed made for sweet dreams! The home is gorgeous and welcoming, and so close to downtown Atlanta, yet it feels worlds away with the beautiful tree lined streets of Inman Park. Sitting on the huge porch with a glass of wine, chatting with the friendly and knowledgeable owner, makes for a lovely evening! The owners were more than accommodating for my breakfast needs and served a really great cup (or two!) of coffee! I will definitely be back to Sugar Magnolia!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

We loved the building's charm and elegance, delicious breakfasts, very welcomimg and accommodating hosts, beautiful grounds and gardens, and cleanliness. We stayed in the cottage in the back; very romantic. The only downside - loft bedroom was just a bit too cozy for my husband. At 6' 2" he kept bumping his head on the low ceiling and grumbled about the double bed. We'd return and stay there again if we return to Atlanta!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple