“Highly recommendable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlanta
Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 22 Atlanta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2015

My boyfriend and I came to Atlanta for an engagement party, and we decided to make a little trip out of it. This was our first time staying at a B&B in stead of a hotel, and we were thrilled with our decision to try something new! We stayed at the Royal Suite but I think all the rooms looked really cute. I told myself I wouldn't want to stay in a room withour a personal bathroom, but when I saw how it was set up for The Aviary (another room) I don't think it would have been a problem at all. It's not like other people are using the bathroom of The Aviary, since the other rooms have their own. Also, due to the intimacy of the B&B, I wouldn't mind crossing the hall to go the bathroom.

First of all, Sugar Magnolia is a beautiful and unique house unlike anything you'll find in the Northern states. I always wanted to see the insides of a house like this! Secondly, the personal treatment we got was just non-comparable to anything you'll find at a hotel. Third, the breakfast was great and non-commercial. These days you have to get lucky to find hotels that offer breakfast included in the price at all! At Sugar Magnolia you don't just get fried eggs and bacon, but much more interesting dishes for breakfast. I think the coffee was good as well. Fourth, I think the location is great! The Belt Line starts right by the B&B, and there's a place called Krog's Market where you can eat if you wish.

Conclusively, I'd recommend anyone I know to stay at the Sugar Magnolia, as well as everyone reading this review. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nikoline B

Reviewed 20 July 2015

We arrived at the Sugar Magnolia after dropping our son off for a month long sleep away camp in Cleveland, Ohio. From the moment we walked in the stress melted away. The owner was so very pleasant always making sure we had what we needed. Kathryn, the innkeeper is truly amazing. Walking downstairs to a delicious homemade breakfast and her beautiful smile was the best way to start every day. The garden view room is perfect . You can walk out on the the patio and take the views in. They respect your privacy and we felt comfortable the entire weekend. I highly recommend this B and B.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2015

I stay at Sugar Magnolia at least once a year. They are located in the historic Inman park area which is centrally located and only a short distance to the nearest Marta station. I love the quiet serenity of the place considering its located in one of the busiest urban areas in the country. The service is top notch Kathryn and Josie did a superb job in attending to any requests that I had plus they are excellent travel guides. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the great breakfasts that I had while there. Kathryn is a great breakfast chef. I have learned a lot about Atlanta from my stays at Sugar Magnolia. I would highly recommend Sugar Magnolia it's the first place I think of when coming to Atlanta.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Unless you need to stay in town, I recommend this B&B. We were here for a convention & were just a short train ride away. It's a beautiful home with a great Innkeeper - Kathryn...beautiful area, great restaurants. The breakfasts were delicious and there is plenty of parking. Our convention was very large so getting food...either a snack or a nice dinner was difficult when we were downtown. That's why we really appreciated the local food court near the Sugar Magnolia (which has fabulous bar-b-que) and a number of other eateries in a cute converted warehouse, the casual " Jakes" spot or the upscale Raybuns. Raymuns is a must for a delicious, leisurely, special dinner. All of these just a few blocks away. Traffic was crowded downtown, so we used " MARTA" the area train and bus system. It's extremely convenient. From the Sugar Magnolia, we just walked about 5 city blocks, hopped on the train , & were in the city in about half an hour. We got a 4 day unlimited pass for $20.00. For travelers who have manageable luggage, we got back to the airport for the trip home by walking to the train station....and then taking 2 trains directly to the airport. Connections were great and we arrived at the airport in 50 minutes from the time we left. Super easy and it saved us about $50.00! We would definitely go back here again and feel like it would be like returning to see friends!

Room Tip: All the rooms are well done...just depends on how much room you like to have.