My room was 1501 - a wonderful corner with a few of ATL which was nice.
The new decor is outstanding. The guestrooms and guest hallways needed a redo and this was it. Looks entirely different.
I have used this hotel for meetings and stay there at least a few times a year when in the Atlanta area on business. I appreciate the staff who continue to work there - it's nice to see the same faces; this speaks highly of management's treatment of their internal guests.
Food: the lunch buffet is very nice and always has grilled vegetables on which I could make a meal! The room service food is adequate and I found that if I asked if there were items not on the room service menu that I could get, I was accommodated.
Coffee stand: There is a stand that has juices, water, other beverages, KrispyKreme donuts and serves Starbuck's coffee. It opens early which is nice for those of us headed out to meetings.
Guestrooms: My room was what I'd call semi-accessible. Designed, I believe, to accommodate a person with disabilities, it could use a few changes to be more "accommodating" (about which I will write to them). The roll in shower is large and esp. nice because it has a mounted showerhead as well as one that is handheld. The pressure on both is great. The toilet however is far too low for someone using a wheelchair or a walker to use easily.
The new sink is a pedastal with a remarkable abount of space on the lip. There is extra shelving in the bathroom for storage.
Internet access was strong and as a HHonors guest, free.
I wish the new desk and bedside lamps had the outlets in them - that would have made it more perfect.
Room 1501 has lots of windows. The new curtains are stunning and are supposed to be opened and closed electronically. Alas, that didn't work and I had to leave them open since I couldn't reach to close.
The counch, chair and coffee tables are stunning and useful. I don't know that I'd have chosen off-white for the couch -- we'll see how long it takes for these to need cleaning!
Best: airport shuttle, great and long-time staff, convenient, clean, accommodating. It is my choice of hotel when in the Atlanta area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Atlanta Airport hotel is newly renovated with 17 floors and 507 guest rooms. Our contemporary full service hotel offers a warm, professional welcome in modern surroundings, near Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and less than ten miles from downtown Atlanta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Atlanta Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Airport Hotel Atlanta
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta Airport
- Atlanta Hilton