“Renovated guest rooms are great!”

Hilton Atlanta Airport
Ranked #90 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My room was 1501 - a wonderful corner with a few of ATL which was nice.

The new decor is outstanding. The guestrooms and guest hallways needed a redo and this was it. Looks entirely different.

I have used this hotel for meetings and stay there at least a few times a year when in the Atlanta area on business. I appreciate the staff who continue to work there - it's nice to see the same faces; this speaks highly of management's treatment of their internal guests.

Food: the lunch buffet is very nice and always has grilled vegetables on which I could make a meal! The room service food is adequate and I found that if I asked if there were items not on the room service menu that I could get, I was accommodated.

Coffee stand: There is a stand that has juices, water, other beverages, KrispyKreme donuts and serves Starbuck's coffee. It opens early which is nice for those of us headed out to meetings.

Guestrooms: My room was what I'd call semi-accessible. Designed, I believe, to accommodate a person with disabilities, it could use a few changes to be more "accommodating" (about which I will write to them). The roll in shower is large and esp. nice because it has a mounted showerhead as well as one that is handheld. The pressure on both is great. The toilet however is far too low for someone using a wheelchair or a walker to use easily.

The new sink is a pedastal with a remarkable abount of space on the lip. There is extra shelving in the bathroom for storage.

Internet access was strong and as a HHonors guest, free.

I wish the new desk and bedside lamps had the outlets in them - that would have made it more perfect.

Room 1501 has lots of windows. The new curtains are stunning and are supposed to be opened and closed electronically. Alas, that didn't work and I had to leave them open since I couldn't reach to close.

The counch, chair and coffee tables are stunning and useful. I don't know that I'd have chosen off-white for the couch -- we'll see how long it takes for these to need cleaning!

Best: airport shuttle, great and long-time staff, convenient, clean, accommodating. It is my choice of hotel when in the Atlanta area.

Room Tip: "01" rooms are corners and closer to the elevator. If you want a bathtub as well as a stal...
2  Thank JLEDC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,840)

Reviewed 19 February 2012

We celabrated our 3rd wedding aniversary at the Hilton Atlanta Airport. Excellent location. Wonderful, well appointed room. The best part was the upscale bathroom with a rain shower head and beautifully decorated marble and tile. We had a great breakfast in the Magnolia room. We also had a great morning swim in the heated pool. Overall, a great stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed in Feb for business hosting small meeting using conference facilities.

Super helpful staff at every turn - restaurants, bell desk and conference support staff. All extras we required at short notice delivered speedinly and with a smile.

Rooms modern and well equipped and all the facilities needed.

Highly recommended and a big thumbs up to the cheerful and helpful staff.

1  Thank nichetraveller
Reviewed 11 February 2012

There are some very annoying things about this hotel. You are charged to use the business center computers, for instance ($15 for 15 minutes). There are conventions which causes it to seem crowded, especially in the restaurants. You are charged for parking. The International clerks working the desk often don't know what you are asking (in my case, how to use the key system to get out of the parking lot). And the Executive Lounge breakfast is a joke....cold cerals, juice, toast and coffee. Finally, the Starbucks on the main floor is so mismanaged it takes quite a while just to get a cup of coffee.
On the plus side is a great gym, easy access to the airport, and the rooms. The renovated ones at least. They are incredibly quiet...no noise above or next to you gets through....the windows are thick enough you don't hear the freeway or airport...and the air system, bed, television and furnishings are first rate. A real classy look and feel to the roooms. The business center, while expensive, was easy to find and use.
Price was fine compared to Embassy Suites or other properties, which made the shortcomings more easy to swallow. But I'd mainly recommend the place for its rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room.
2  Thank kev1438
David_GMAtlanta, General Manager at Hilton Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear kev1438,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay.

Our 20 million dollar guest room renovation is complete. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the design and quality of the renovation. We are very proud of it!

We have a free to guest kiosk in our lobby with internet access for laptops, a PC and a Mac for use; as well as a printer for guest use. You will be happy to note that our business center will also be switching to a Free to Guest system which will also have both PC and Mac systems for complimentary guest use, as well as an all in one printer copier, fax.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit to Atlanta.

David Piscola

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed there one night in late Dec 2011, we were driving to NC so we park on the hotel premises parking lot (at $11 per night) and only took with us a handbag of clothes. Left most luggage in the Suburban with tinted windows and under layers or sleeping bags. As we go to leave early next day, my husband noticed door lock broken... We had been robbed from the front parking lot, of the Hilton, no more then 50 feet from main entrance!!! We did a police report, we filed a claim, we gathered any receipts we had to as proof of our stuff... We called and was told the theft was caught on tape. Everything was clear ... Right? We were told to get in touch with claims company ... Well our claim has been denied!!! So now we have hired an attorney ... Because they claim that the parking ticket states that they not responsible ... But this is the Hilton! Not a Motel on a dirty strip! So we now await to see what our lawyer can do for us...but I will NEVER stay at any Hilton again! Furthermore, I will make sure any one i know, at work and anyplace, do NOT stay at Hilton either.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if u have a car! Just don't stay here!
Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jon_Monica

Dear Jon-Monica,

The Hilton Atlanta Airport hotel has been and continues to fully cooperate with officials regarding the removal of items from your vehicle on December 27, 2011. The hotel, in conjunction with local authorities, did conduct a thorough investigation and has taken all necessary procedural actions involved with this incident. We are working closely with local authorities and have turned over all evidence gathered to them.

The well being, safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance and the hotel continues to make every effort to ensure that all practices and standards are in line with strict safety and security regulations.

David Piscola