“Good Food - Nice Ambience”

The Brasserie & Neighborhood Cafe at Parish
Neighbourhood: Inman Park
Cross street: Glenn Iris
Transit: Inman Park Marta Station
Reviewed 1 October 2017

The spouse and I happened upon The Brasserie & Neighborhood Cafe at Parish while enjoying a leisurely Saturday. We decided to give it a try, as we had never been there before.

The eatery was lovely and had lots of personality and made us feel as though we were on vacation in another country.

We were greeted and asked if we had reservations. We responded that we didn’t and were about to leave when the Host took pity on us, saying that he would find a table for us. We were seated right away and placed our drink orders with our server, Maurice. I ordered a Mimosa (Orange), and the spouse ordered a Bloody Mary. We both enjoyed them.

We shared a Parish Pastry Basket (scones, mini muffins, jam and whipped Butter). Everything in that basket was yummy. I ordered the corned beef hash (potato, corned beef, horseradish cream, sunny side up eggs). I ordered my eggs scrambled, as I just don’t like runny eggs. No problem. The potatoes were very crunchy. Even though I love them crispy, these could have been a little bit less so. Having said that, they were still quite good. I was slightly disappointed that there was barely any corned beef among the potatoes, but the eggs were lovely and good, in combination with the rest of the dish.

The spouse ordered the burger (grass fed beef, bentons bacon jam, dijonaise, grilled onion, cheddar, house cut fries). He enjoyed everything on his plate and gave me a taste of his fries. They were quite lovely. I will definitely have those next time.

Bottom Line: I recommend that you give this restaurant a try. I think you will enjoy the food, as well as the experience. We did. Also, it may be a good idea to make a reservation.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our brunch. Decor is lovely. Chill vibe. The pastry basket was enjoyed by all. Our group feasted on corned beef hash, egg and sausage sammie (oh my!), bacon and cheese omelette, and all American breakfast.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Went to brunch at this restaurant and it seemed to be a very popular place. It was very busy and extremely loud, almost to the point you could not even have a conversation with the people at our table. We started out with a mimosa and the sweet potato cinnamon bun, which was delicious, but we had to ask the waiter to give us plates to be able to share. I ordered the fried chicken benedict and it was disappointing. The chicken was under seasoned and the poached eggs were cold and tough. They had obviously been prepared ahead of time and sat before serving. The dish said that it was suppose to have gravy on top, but there was very little gravy, so it made the entire dish very dry. The potatoes that accompanied the dish were crispy and delicious.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

At my sister's suggestion, a group of eight family members met at Parish for brunch on a July Sunday. My husband and I arrived early and went around back to get a peek at the Atlanta Beltline we had heard so much about. It probably helped that it was a very cool morning, because everyone walking dogs, riding bikes, walking, running, and moving along on every conceivable type of conveyance actually looked like they were having fun. Although this has nothing to do with the food at Parish, the fact that the restaurant backs up to the Beltline added to the overall enjoyment of our experience there. There is a patio on the back and also picnic tables right on the Beltline so you have a great people-watching spot. Once inside this former depot, we were impressed with the charming space. Our server was great and even with the large party, the food was delivered efficiently (we were there at 10:00 a.m. before the crowds, but a reservation would be suggested for large parties). We first ordered pastry baskets for the table which were filled with a variety of mini blueberry, carrot, and other types of muffins and scones, with jam and whipped butter, all delicious. We ordered coffees and latte as well. These kept us busy while we waited for our brunch orders which included mushroom/asparagus omelets with sides of cheesy grits, shrimp and grits, mushroom tostada and croque monsieur with crispy roasted potatoes. We had several vegetarians in our party and everyone was very happy with their selections. We had a leisurely meal and enjoyed all of it. The surrounding neighborhood is very walkable and adds to the high marks for this restaurant.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I ordered the fried chicken and it was good, but my dinner date ordered:GRASS FED SIRLOIN
CREAMER POTATOES, ENGLISH PEAS, GRILLED MUSHROOM, BLEU CHEESE BUTTER and it was amazing. Peach cobbler dessert was amazing as well. Our server was very friendly as well.