The Village Inn of Woodstock
US$217
The Charleston House(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$176
Braeside Lodging(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$149
The Shire Woodstock(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$241
US$219
US$494
US$270
Travelocity
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$364/night.

Sleep Woodstock Motel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$130
Official Site
All reviewscomplimentary glass of winevictorian styleevelyn davidmy husband and ihomemade breadnew englandbelgian wafflesgarden areafull barsqueezed orange juicewhirlpool tubprivate entrancebreakfast was deliciousattention to detailshops and restaurantseach morninggracious hosts
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. The hosts Evelyn and David were warm and friendly. The inn was beautifully decorated and our room was spacious, comfy and immaculate. Great farm to table breakfast and homemade breads. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie W
HappyTraveler05091, Owner at The Village Inn of Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us to celebrate such a special occasion! It was so nice to meet you and your husband and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time here. Wishing you many more happy anniversaries!!! We hope to see you again soon.

Warmest wishes,

Evelyn

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We booked this place through the Hotels.com app. It showed a price for the room but at some point during the booking process it jumped up 10%. As it was a last minute booking it was too late to cancel. This practice has of course become illegal in Europe and I don’t understand why our American cousins persist with it. All it does is make you feel the establishment is ripping you off and you are only at the booking stage. Surely businesses realise if the treat their clientele that way they are not going to get repeat business and only bad press.

We received an email stating that there was a reception between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm. When we first arrived no one was there. Why do people say things on their promotional material then not provide it. Booking websites should ban them or at least have a banner that flags up that the information may not be accurate.

As to the accommodation itself. We are 10 days or so into our New England tour and have been staying in a mixture of hotels, Inns and B & B’s so are begging to get a feel for the place. Our room here was very pokey and the bathroom even more so. We had difficulty manoeuvring in it so I doubt an average sized American could.

The place itself was fine and the food OK but I don’t understand why they can’t be customer focused when it comes to breakfast. They provide the things you want but not necessarily in the package they offer. If they have the things why not just ask the customer what do you want? Maybe it is an American thing but trust me I know what I want better than you. I don’t know anywhere else in the world that does fixed meals for breakfast.

When we compare this place with the accommodation that we have enjoyed elsewhere in NE in terms of overall comfort and price this comes out at the bottom. We can’t recommend it and wouldn’t go back.

Stayed: March 2018
5  Thank Aequitas6
HappyTraveler05091, Owner at The Village Inn of Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Aequitas6,

I am so very sorry that you were dissatisfied with your experience. You are correct, it is different in Europe where taxes are included in the price. In the US we are required to itemize our taxes, it is the law. On our website you are not charged a deposit until you see the price including taxes and are shown our policies. I am not certain how the website that you booked on works, it is not possible for me to control a 3rd party website. If you had called me or Hotels.com to cancel your room I can assure you that we would have been more than happy to do so. I would never want a guest coming to my establishment with such negative feelings before they have even arrived, trust me.

I am assuming that the writer of this e-mail is the male half of the couple that this review concerns. I am usually the greeter of guests, but I was lucky enough to have my mother visiting for the prior week and I was returning her to the airport when you arrived. My husband David was not at the front desk when your very pleasant wife arrived. He was in the kitchen prepping for breakfast, and he came right out to greet her while you waited in the car.

I am sorry that you did not like your room, it is our smallest room, and also our least expensive. We have rooms of different sizes and prices to accommodate different wants and needs. I am sorry that the room that you chose was not to your liking. If you had expressed your dissatisfaction while you were here we would have happily changed your room. I don't know what you mean by the average sized American being able to fit. I am guessing that you are implying that we are of a larger size than you. The majority of our guests are from America, and I have not had anyone complain that they could not fit in the bathroom.

As to your comments about breakfast I am perplexed. I am not certain if you have your memory confused with a different establishment. There are many places that do have a set menu as you state that we do, but that is not us. We have a three course breakfast that begins with freshly squeezed orange juice and fresh fruit. I prepare a pastry daily for the second course. For the main course we offer a choice from the entree of the day, farm fresh eggs prepared to order or Inn made granola. The entree is accompanied by bread that I make (three different types) and sausage that David makes or local bacon. You chose your breakfast that morning, as does each and every guest at The Village Inn. We take tremendous pride in what we do, and I am just not sure why you would say something that is flat out untrue.

Please realize that you are hurting not just me, but our wonderful staff who take what they do so very seriously. One of my amazing team members greeted you at breakfast, took your order, delivered it to me in the kitchen where I prepared it, then delivered your meals to you, then checked to see if everything was to your liking. It pains me to know that she will read your review and be upset.

It is unfortunate to receive such a negative review because of your anger about taxes not being included in the price, which is the law in this country, and your inaccurate assessment of our breakfast. If you had mentioned any of your concerns about taxes upon check in we would have happily refunded your money. You had further opportunity to object while you were enjoying a glass of wine in the tavern with my husband. The only time that you spoke up is when you were leaving, and your tone was hostile and upsetting to me. I felt sorry for your wife who was so pleasant, and even thanked me for the lovely breakfast. I knew in my heart that you were going to write a negative review if I didn’t refund your money. So did you threaten me, no, but the end result is exactly the same.

I am thankful that we have so many wonderful guests and I wish you happy travels.

Kindest regards,
Evelyn

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I surprised my husband to a quick getaway for his birthday (1 night) We were greeted by one of the owners at check in and shown around the Inn. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. we had a wood burning fireplace which was all set up and ready to go. (Room #3) The Inn offers a complimentary glass of wine which unfortunately we were late for but I thought that was a nice idea for patrons to gather and meet. The breakfast was very good. Fresh baked bread and pastries by the owner and fresh ingredients from local farms. It was a quick 24 hrs. but we enjoyed our stay. We had dinner at the tavern at the Woodstock Inn down the road. Great rustic Vermont atmosphere and the food was good. We also went snowshoeing the next day - there are many trails to chose from. All in all is was an enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Room 3 was spacious and comfortable with wood burning fireplace
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hayley418
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed one overnight at the beginning of March. Our room was exeptionally clean and well decorated as is the entire Inn. They have taken great care to keep it up to date but maintain all the original charm. Evelyn is the most gracious hostess and a fabulous cook as well. The breakfast is more than you can ask for. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Our room was up on the third floor but was great, very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Adorable B&B, great location walking distance from all the shops and restaurants in Woodstock. Very welcoming owners. Super clean and nicely designed rooms. Delicious breakfast in the morning! And a daily happy hour social. Definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple