“Good food and atmosphere”

The Prince and the Pauper
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Within walking distance of our BNB, but it was too hot and we drove. Parking was no problem. We had a fun waitress, who catered to our every whim. I had the strip steak and it was very good and good as directed. My husband had the stuffed shrimp and found them delicious. Lots more to try. Do make reservations.

1  Thank maggieh682

Reviewed 13 August 2018

We have dined at The Prince and the Pauper on many occasions over the last twenty years. The food and service and the warm welcome have always been excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant as the best in Vermont.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This is a delightful little spot tucked away off an alley. I sat in the small dining room where the bar is, but I think there's another dining room deeper into the building. The host who greets you sets the tone -- he is so nice and eager to make sure you have a good dinner.

I had a cocktail that I think was called a Mapletini -- whatever the name was, it was delicious. Gin, maple liqueur, and lemon. I had the sesame salmon which was wonderful. First you get a small house salad, with a perfect vinaigrette and some blue cheese on it. The salmon is coated with sesame seeds and comes with Asian peanut noodles, a vegetable (beautiful green beans on this night) a gingery sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger. Just a beautifully thought-out combination. (The prix fixe menu looked really really good too, and you can order it a la carte, but it seemed like too much food for me.)

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful dinner. My husband had a house smoked salmon appetizer that he really enjoyed. I had the scallops for dinner which was great and hubby loved the rack of lamb. We were stuffed and disappointed that the desserts looked so good. Came back the next night for dessert.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Our Florida family loved our dinner here in the heart of Woodstock. We were guided here by a couple the night before walking out singing its praises. Good call! I’d post food pics, but they don’t allow cell phone use inside the restaurant. The service was delightful, and we were all pleased with our food. Highly recommend.

Been to The Prince and the Pauper? Share your experiences!