“Nancy H”
Review of Spooners Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Spooners Bar and Grille
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Wonderful restaurant and reasonably priced! Not in the center of town but just outside of town. Varied menu with tasty specials. A place the locals eat! From the Hwy side of the restaurant it doesnt look like much but eat here and you WILL NOT be dissapointed. We stumbled on it just last week while doing a New England Fall Colors Trip. Excellent service by Thadeus and Rhonda. Want to share with TripAdvisor Community. Husband had a wonderful Steak w Bleu Cheese and I had delicious Boursin Stuffed Chicken. Excellent!!
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Early great dinner. My mom had eggplant- huge portion. I had scallop special excellent!!! Salad was great and lots of choices on the menu. Will go back when I visit !!!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

We were there for a very early dinner on a Sunday night, so there were not too many people there yet. Waiter was very good and polite. I ordered the pork chops which were flavorful, but a bit dry - would have benefited from an extra little cup of sauce. Rice was very good. Salad did not seem extremely fresh, but it was ok. No dinner rolls or crackers or anything like that. House cabernet was excellent.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

I've been here 3-4 times in the last few years and unfortunately haven't had good food and the last the service was also terrible. The bartender/waiter was obnoxious and annoying, enough so I haven't even been willing to return for drinks.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Never been so disgusted with a restaurant in both service and quality. All around I would most definitely NOT recommend this place. They had a sign advertising lobster on the street, and upon entering the establishment around 6 pm, it was completely dead. Maybe two people at the bar tops. No one was there to greet us, and when they finally brought us into the empty dining area, the lighting was abysmal. But the food sounded good so we decided to give it a try. Their specials of the day offered a lobster and steak meal which sounded amazing. It was anything but. The lobsters came out luke warm. The tail meat was mushy and the claw meat tastes disgusting. Literally had two nibbles off either piece, and my boyfriend, having had the same thing, had only eaten the small claws. Meanwhile, our waitress acted like she didn't have a brain, either neglecting us or completely forgetting what we ordered. When we complained about the lobsters, the waitress looked at us like she didn't understand English and brought only part of our plates to the kitchen. After then being ignored for another ten minutes, we told her to forget the lobster and the bring the checks. Meanwhile, both I and my boyfriend complained to the bar manager who was not only rude but ignorant, and claimed we ate all the lobster. Perhaps if they had looked in our napkins where we had spit out the distasteful food, or the refuse plates we had put the unappetizing pieces, they would have realized we had eaten very little of our food. No offer to discount our food was given. Upon asking for the owners contact information, the bar manager gave me a card with his contact info - turns out it was for the bar managers phone. Absolutely unprofessional.

5  Thank Mandy B
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We splurged and had the fresh steamed lobsters that were advertised on a special sign along the roadway and were not disappointed. We each had the one and quarter pound steamed lobster and they were excellent. As good as any we have had in Maine. Atmosphere is not exactly like a good lobster shanty in Maine but is nice and intimate. The dining area is set off from the bar and has a few dividers that make it cozy and intimate. We started as the bar and enjoyed a draft beer each, then moved to the dining area. Our lobsters were really tasty. Served with choice of rice or baked potato. We had one of each and the sides were delicious. Will be going back for this meal again.