“Too many strikes....”
Review of Spooners Bar and Grille - CLOSED

Spooners Bar and Grille
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Wonderful restaurant and reasonably priced! Not in the center of town but just outside of town. Varied menu with tasty specials. A place the locals eat! From the Hwy side of the restaurant it doesnt look like much but eat here and you WILL NOT be dissapointed. We stumbled on it just last week while doing a New England Fall Colors Trip. Excellent service by Thadeus and Rhonda. Want to share with TripAdvisor Community. Husband had a wonderful Steak w Bleu Cheese and I had delicious Boursin Stuffed Chicken. Excellent!!
Reviewed 26 May 2015

After hearing that Spooners had been taken over by new management we decided to give them another try. The menu looked good, unfortunately we found that the decor and lighting have not change at all. I'm not old and I could barely read the menu it was so dark at our table. I made a joke about it to the waiter who was not amused. Our appetizer of stuffed mushrooms was a bit salty but good. Unfortunately, the meal took a turn for the worse from there. Over an hour after we sat down, one of our party was told that they were out of the meal he ordered. He quickly changed his order and we continued to wait. When the meals arrived, his scallops looked okay, however, another diner who also ordered scallops was given 4 severely overcooked, shriveled scallops. The ribs another diner ordered were also seriously overcooked. It appeared they had been left in the oven while the missing meal was rectified. The youngest member of our group had ordered the sliders that were a special. The outsides were burnt and the insides were ice cold and raw. We sent them back. We did express our dissatisfaction to the waiter and told him that unfortunately, we won't be back. Too many strikes at this location, never a decent meal that I would bother going back again.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank bicki1991

Reviewed 23 March 2015

Service was excellent. Food was very tastey! I had chicken pot pie and my husband had venison shepherds pie. Atmosphere old but clean. We would return. Very reasonable.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Travel_Pals_87
Reviewed 3 March 2015

Have gone there a few times. Food is very good, prices are also reasonable. It has a nice bar area with pool table which worked great with kids, or more quiet dining area. Service was also good, we arrived with a large group late, and they were very accomodating.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 14 February 2015 via mobile

Stopped in for a rest and a nice meal late on a snowy Saturday evening during a long drive. I was pleased that they were open. Parking was convenient even with trailer in tow. Dined at the bar. Nice tavern like atmosphere. Bartender was very friendly and attentive. Prime rib was tasty but a tad past the mid rare that I ordered. Rice was very tasty. Salad was very typical. Skipped dessert and enjoyed an after dinner blend of Gand Marnier and Hennessy as recommended by bartender. Very nice combination. Will likely return when back in Woodstock.

1  Thank adkeats
Reviewed 24 January 2015

Nothing to dislike here...wait staff was very friendly, the food and beer selection were very good! We highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2015