All reviews bed apartment washing machine kitchen utensils hen party shallow end secure underground parking lovely spot self catering malaga airport air con short drive genevieve supermarket car balcony marbella pools
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Me, my friend and our young daughters (4 and 6 years old) wanted to book a cheap girls holiday. We saw this accommodation and although there were a few negitive reviews we decided to book, mainly because of the low price and pool access. I am sooooooo glad we ignored the bad reviews on here, these people must have stayed in a different place! The room was immaculate and spacious, the sofa and beds were comfortable, the showers were really nice and powerful, there was a sufficient amount of plug sockets and seats, the balcony was awesome and had a lovely view. The pools were exactly like the pictures, always clean, loads of sunbeds and umbrellas to go around and a just a genrally chilled atmosphere. The staff were amazingly helpful, whenever I approached the reception desk I was greeted with a smile and they couldn't do enough to help, for example recommending places to eat and offering to book a taxi there. There was a snack bar during the day that we ordered food from once (we were on a budget so often made food in the apartment), only had to wait 10 minutes and the portions were huge so great value for money. I can't believe my luck with this place! The only thing I would recommend is bring tea towels, sponges and washing up liquid (and if you can, a kettle). There is a lidl about a mile away where you can pick up everything you need. Highly recommended, it is definately more like a 4 star. Dont be put off by the negitive reviews guys!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jade S
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We took a week accommodation for family in Royal Suites Marbella. I have to say that I'd have different connotation with terms "royal" and "suites". Hotel has had its better times years ago, I assume. Have also to say that don't believe the pictures on the web site, unfortunately. We had an apartment with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room. Though apartment has all necessities, they are bit old-fashioned. At least our room had a weird smell, thus air-conditioning was ok. Scenery from balcony was towards mountains and that was beautiful.

Pool areas are fine and quite spacious and sunshine for the whole day. Reception / bar is also fine serving decent-priced breakfast, snacks and beverages. Points to the receptionist ladies who were just great. Nor billiard (pool table) neither table football are working even if the website says something else.

Wifi works only around reception with certaing range. We were lucky to have our apartment in the distance. Notify that the car park is for charge (about 5,5 eur/night), thus inside the building (underneath) with elevators to levels needing not to carry heavy luggage.

The absolutely most annoying issue is the non-existent noise insulation between apartments. First night a Spanish family had party for the whole night and the other night a British gentleman gang had their batchelor party for the whole night. No sleep for our family at all!! Nobody from hotel's side is iterrupting...

Unfortunately not sure if I was going again. Price compared the quality doesn't suit me. Best regards.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan-Markus H
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and were very impressed with how spacious it was with plenty of wardrobe space. Great views from our balcony which overlooked the magnificent La Concha mountain and one of the two pools. Temperatures soared but the air conditioning worked well and kept us cool. All the staff were very friendly, the complex has a quiet and relaxing ambience and is in a good position to visit the many beautiful spots nearby including Ronda, Caseres and Estepona. Excellent food especially in Benahavis just 10 minutes drive away. We would recommend hiring a car. We would definitely return !

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod F
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a hen party, we stayed 2 nights in one 4 bed and one 3 bed apartment. Neither were in perfect condition but they were spacious and very clean. The balcony was a brilliant size and the hotel grounds and swimming pools are kept in pristine condition. The highlight of the stay was meeting and being looked after by Genevieve! All of the staff were friendly, polite and helpful but Genevieve went above and beyond expectation. Nothing was to big of an ask, she gave fantastic recommendations, was extremely knowledgable about the area and managed to maintain her upbeat spirit throughout our entire trip. The cab fare into town as mentioned is a bit steep but as we were travelling as a group it was not an issue. Amazing weekend in Marbella, I usually travel 4 Star minimum but I would highly recommend a stay here for a brilliant more affordable option.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mishawn T
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This hotel exceeded all expectations, especially considering its affordability. Clean, spacious rooms with kitchenette and balcony. The pool area was also extremely clean and there was no fighting over sun-beds! One thing to remember is that there is extremely little provided in regard to toiletries and kitchen items (no tea towel, sponge or washing up liquid), and there are no shops in walking distance so I would purchase these before.

I also must mention two of the girls at reception (Laura & Genevieve)! If it wasn't for their help we would still be stuck without a transfer back to the airport! They went well out of their way to provide excellent customer service which many hotels wouldn't offer. Really friendly girls that deserve recognition for their hard work.

Overall, me and my two friends loved staying at this hotel despite it's extremely quiet location (we still went into Marbella every night!).

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends