“Popular with the locals”

Restaurante La Casa Del Abuelo
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Alora
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Friendly service and cheap. Next door to a small playground. The locals like to smoke at their tables so that might be a problem for some people.

Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is worth visiting to get a feeling of how was the old tapas Madrid. No sitting, the idea you go to a couple of bars and that's it. Staff have been around ages and are very experienced and very "chulapos" in the nice way.

We have 12 grilled prawns 'a la plancha' style everytime we go with the sweet red wine. People order the garlic ones, but for me they overcook them and the portion-size is too scarce for too. They are quite pricy too!. Second round we order a beer and the'banderillas style prawns, also worth trying. All in all we stay about 30-45'. Hope you enjoy it and get the feeling!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Had the menu of the day for seven euros fifty which represents good value for three courses and a drink. The restaurant is downstairs, large and empty. The service and food was fine. There was simply no other choice for lunch in Alora. It was OK but I probably would not return.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

This little pizza restaurant was the only place open on a Monday night at 11:30pm. We arrived late to our hotel and were very hungry. I was pleased that they were so accommodating and the pizza was very tasty and not more than 7 euros I think. The mixed salad, called ensalata mixta in Spain is a constant on every menu in Spain and this one was tasty and didn't disappoint at all. I recommend this place for kids, too, as there is a nice playground right in front of the outside seating where you can keep an eye on them.

1  Thank Kathleen H
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Finding this place is the first hurdle up one of the many winding streets in Alora and then down a fairly steep staircase. It is worth it though as the food is good. A typical menu of the day, I had, mixed salad - a meal in itself, followed by pork casserole and chips, a bit salty but tasty nonetheless followed by flan. Plenty of other choices, soup, fish etc. I had bottled still water with my meal, all part of the deal and it was 1.5 litres! Great value and friendly staff.

1  Thank JWMW101