Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$122
Agoda.comUS$122
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
All reviews onion valley hot breakfast the owner lone pine bacon death valley picnic tables sitting area coffee tea pacific crest john muir trail backpacking trip following morning english muffin road trip home away from home cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at this motel during the pandemic. They have about 8 cabins, you can park right in front of your cabin. Breakfast was included in the price. The front yard is lovely with picnic tables and garden furniture.

Our cabin of two queen beds was spotless, super clean and cozy and comfortable. Bedding was fresh and clean. There was a TV, microwave and a mini fridge in the room. The cabin had an AC unit as well. The bathroom was just shower (no tub). Toiletries were provided.

We booked this motel really last minute on as we everything was sold out at Lone Pine and Bishop. And am soooo glad we found this motel. The owners were super helpful and friendly and handled our last minute reservation very well.

Highly recommend this motel !

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2020

I can't say enough good things about the family that owns the Mt. Williamson. It's clear that Emmaleigh, Doug, and Lauralyn love, respect, and support hikers; as adventurers themselves, they know the needs of those who come in to resupply, and they make the process wonderful and welcoming.

The owners worked with us when we had to change our date for resupply, as we'd actually made it in two days earlier than planned. With no fuss, they moved around cabins to accommodate us, picked us up from the Onion Valley trailhead, and pointed us in the direction of the AMAZING local ice cream shop (my hiking partner and I each devoured four scoops).

The room was spacious, clean and air-conditioned, with comfortable beds, a good, hot shower, and wifi. Breakfast in the morning was great and safely spaced on picnic tables in respect for COVID. The hiker barrels were brimming not only with food but with amenities; I was able to find shampoo and a razor for my stay. The motel team also offered to hold our buckets with our gear discards for us to drive back and pick up later, once our trip was finished.

When the fires forced us back off the trail and down to the Mt. Williamson again, the Hundley family welcomed us again, going out of our their way to help us find rides home, and preparing to house any other hikers driving off the trail by the flames and smoke. They let us rest in their sitting area, and were ready to help us out with a room.

The Hundleys truly are Trail Angels, and we're grateful for their generosity and kindness. Hoping to come back next year to finish up our truncated hike. Oh - and get more of that ice cream!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 7 August 2020

Friend and I were at the Mt. Williamson Motel on the tail end of a John Muir Trail hike -- we really enjoyed our stay. Room was not huge but very clean andcomfy and had everything wee needed; the folks running the motel were super helpful with transport logistics and with helping us recover from our exertions on the trail (including a really key load of laundry). Highly recommended as a stopover or landing pad for hiking the high Sierras.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 2 August 2020

Very clean motel, right next to a wonderful park. Staff is very friendly. Lots thing to do near by. Onion Valley 20 minutes away, Bristolcone Pine forest an Hour away. Great fishing all around the place. They serve a wonderful breakfast for free. Best of all it's dog friendly. Wifi, microwave and frige. This was our second time there and will be back. Highly Recomended. All have A\C also.

Room tip: Best dog friendly room is Cabin #6
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed 8 November 2019

I’d heard a lot about the Motel but I wanted to experience it for myself. I found it lived up to every good thing said about it. Spotless, good WiFi and TV and my dog and I loved how outfitted it was for my pup. Seems like they thought of everything. And then to boot the owner Lauralyn is a SUPER host while friendly and knowledgeable about the area and JMT. The best of everything!

Date of stay: November 2019