“Really surprised!”

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Manassas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Really surprised!”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Stopped here on our way to Maryland due to bad weather. Really surprised at this hotel. Thought that it would only be worth the cheap price we paid. Nice rooms. Everything was new. Staff even helped de-ice our car the next morning!

• Stayed January 2011
, General Manager at Best Western Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
We were very glad to have you stay with us during the bad weather and I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was able to help clean the snow off your car to get you started back on your journey. We look forward to having you stay with again in the future. I would like to personally thank-you for taking the time to complete a survey and sharing your experince with other guest.

Tammy Bragg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 October 2010

(1) I had to go back and forth to the front desk because they put me in a room that hadn't been cleaned. It's an outside hotel, so that meant loading the car back up and driving back around to the front desk. (2) Lots of rowdy truckers were up LATE and then up EARLY, so sleep was impossible. (3) Even though my room was non-smoking, it didn't matter because the truckers were right outside smoking. (4) Got up in the morning and the shower handle was broken, so I couldn't bathe. I had to RACE back to my home several hours away in order to take a shower before I could go to a meeting I had (meeting was in my home city; I stayed in Manassas the night before because my day ended so late). I couldn't skip a shower because I smelled of the truckers' smoke. When I checked out and told the guy about the shower and the mess it was causing me, not even so much as an apology. (5) If you need internet access, bring a cable because the wireless option is slow and keeps disconnecting itself. I did file a complaint with the hotel for the overall experience and received a $20 refund on my credit card as well as a call from the GM. So, they are clearly committed to addressing problems -- you just have to be tolerant of experiencing the problems, and I am not.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank cj6767
, General Manager at Best Western Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to go on trip advisors regarding your recent stay at our property.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.

I am really sorry that you were not able to get the shower on during your stay please do not ever hesitate to contact our front desk if you are having any difficulties at all we will be glad to send someone to assist you.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Ceiling collapsed near bathroom, a water fall ! Overpowering rug shampoo upon opening door, more of the same the next day. Maybe Fido made a bathroom stop in the room. Lots of trucks in the parking lot and their drivers smoking their cigs at the fron entrance.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank frederick71
, General Manager at Best Western Battlefield Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2010
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to go on trip advisors to complete a survey about your recent stay at our property. I do apologize if we did not exceed your expectations. I am very sorry we did have a small water pipe that busted and were able to replace the pipe and immediately fix demage. We do have large nonsmoking meeting rooms and at times the instructor will give the class a break and I am so sorry if he let all the smokers step outside the front door to smoke during their breaks.I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.I would also like to apologize if your room smelled of shampoo we do try to shampoo all our carpets on a regular basis to keep the rooms smelling fresh and keep our carpets clean. Thank you again for your feed back .
Sincerely

Springfield, OH
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I shopped around for an affordable motel in the area. Most were double the price. I only expected this to be adequate, which was fine for me since I was traveling alone. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and recently refurnished room with a flat screen cable TV, large refrigerator, microwave, in-room safe and a very comfortable bed. Room access is from a secured courtyard. The self-serve free breakfast included hot food and saved me time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Albatross1953
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2009

This hotel is set up nicely. I liked the courtyard setup. They have been remodeling the rooms, and the changes are great. The only thing is the carpet is filthy, and the airconditioner leeked water in the room the week we were there, I had to keep a bowl under it to catch the water, and had to empty the bowl every couple of hours. With the new furniture and beds seems as they would have at least replaced the red carpet with some nicer clean carpet. Plenty off grass for fido!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business