“What's not to love about Tony's”

Tony's New York Pizza
Ranked #3 of 337 Restaurants in Manassas
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Tony's pizza and Stromboli are wonderful. I think they have the best pizza in Manassas. The Mathis location is much busier on a weekend evening - and don't sit in the booth closest to the door during winter or you will freeze! Overall, I prefer the Bull Run location, though the atmosphere is not as nice. I'll choose let crowded over atmosphere any day.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Tony’s has above average pizza. The portions are very generous for the price. They provide excellent customer service.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

My family has been going to Tony's (Mathis Avenue) since 2004 (when we moved to Northern Virginia). We've had their pizza's, pastas, subs, salads, focaccia and pepperoni rolls. We're from West Virginia and finding a pepperoni roll around here is rare. We love everything we get here, every time and I don't remember a time when we ever got an incorrect order; let me just say that's rare when a place is as busy as this. I see a lot of complaints of "it's loud", "it's busy", - It is and that is why I love it. It's like one of my chaotic family events - there's loud talking, there's people talking over people, people standing in line and people sitting at tables. I would say that if you don't have a big chaotic family, spend some time at Tony's, you'll completely understand it - and you'll either hate it or love it. So, if you've never eaten at Tony's, some tips: 1. If you are eating in and there's a group, someone should grab an empty table as soon as you walk in the door (or you may not get one; if the table is dirty, no worries, they have someone that walks around cleaning up the tables); 2. If there isn't an empty table, no one gets offended if you linger near a table if it looks like they're about to leave (everyone has been in your shoes and if you make nice with the table sitters, they'll even usually acknowledge you), because Tony's is family; 3. Stand in line along the glass case, you can see the pizzas and the menu from there - even if the line is long, it goes very fast. When placing your order, they move pretty quick, but if you have questions about a menu item, they are super nice and very knowledgeable, so don't be intimidated by how fast things move, ask what you need to ask. You'll pay for your order (cash/credit/debit card) and they'll give you a number. So, have a seat and they'll call your number out over the loud speaker. (Yes, it is loud and if you don't come up to the counter in a few seconds, they'll call it a second time - no worries). If you are ordering on the phone for pickup. 1. Place your order and they'll give you a number. 2. When you get there, don't get in the "eating in" line. There will most likely be another line at the counter. Just ask the person in front of you if they are in line - sometimes, they are just waiting. 3. You'll make your way up to the counter, give them your number, pay for your food and you'll be on your way for a nice enjoyable dinner. We visit Tony's just about every Friday and see a lot of the same people there. We are definitely regulars who enjoy the chaos that is Tony's. If you are with someone that cannot handle loud noises and a lot of people, it would be best to find a time that Tony's isn't quite as busy. I can only speak for the Mathis Avenue location, but I've seen the same faces for many years and am always happy with everything.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I have been going to Tony's for most of my life. I have never been disappointed. I live three quarters of a year in East Tennessee and there's nothing like Tony's there. As soon as I get back to NoVa I start planning my visit.
Tonight we split an Artichoke Salad, and had pepperoni and sausage pizza. Both were amazing!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

This is a nice restaurant with a good menu, but we considered it just average. I guess it had too much build up, and then the reality didn’t match the expectation. If you want decent Italian food, you can get it here, but we didn’t find it to rate above that.