All reviews cracker barrel starbucks coffee marriott points front desk bistro restaurant silver status manassas battlefield park noisy heating on demand public areas road noise king room my spouse historic sites timely manner plenty of free parking minor issue
Reviewed 1 November 2016

This is the FIRST hotel ever in my long experience of travelling that did did not include a luggage rack in their rooms! Worried that they might think I stole it, I called the front desk and advised them. They said that they would send one over right away.
The front desk girl brought one over in 15 minutes and said that they did away with the racks in the room and are now kept in housekeeping. Mumbled something about there is no space in the room for one. How about in the closet like every other hotel on the planet, duh?
I guess they think that the desk, bed, sofa or table are good places for luggage...or maybe just throw it on the floor.
At the last place we stayed, they had two racks in the room. How cheap can you get, Marriott? Do you plan on charging a few bucks for the use of one, like the airlines?
Otherwise, the room was fine.

Room tip: Be sure to ask for a free (for now) luggage rack when checking in.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rich R
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely regret that the delay in getting the luggage rack to your room was so disconcerting. It is true that we no longer store them in our guest rooms, as they are used infrequently. We do keep an ample supply of luggage racks in storage and provide them at absolutely no charge to any guest who would like to use them.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We were in Manassas because of my husband's work for a week and I got to tag along. The room was very comfortable and was thrilled that there was a pullout table on wheels that worked for an art table that I could draw and paint while I was in the room. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Loved the maple pear yogurt for breakfast! Nice place to eat as well as options nearby. Would recommend to anyone traveling in the area!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
William Q, General Manager at Courtyard Manassas Battlefield Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our Bistro menu is updated quarterly and the Maple Pear Yogurt and Oats was added on October 1st and has been well received. Thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

I was recently in Manassas for a week long business trip and stayed at this Courtyard. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable. The level of noise was minimal in the hotel and I was never disturbed by neighbors or outside noise when I was in my room. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in NOVA.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2016

I traveled to Manassas for a wedding during the craziness that was Hurricane Matthew. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating with my itinerary changes. Check-in was a breeze. My room was clean and comfortable. I couldn't find my Do Not Disturb sign for the door, and I left my room a disaster one morning (didn't have time to straighten up because of an early wedding I was attending), and I felt terrible! My room was totally organized when I returned - above and beyond anything I expected (yes, I left a tip!). Because my flight home changed, I had a ton of time between check-out and my flight departure. The front desk staff extended my check-out time so I didn't have to sit at the airport for 7 hours. It really was a great stay.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

On our way from after having to evacuate from South Carolina due to Hurricane Matthew. The hotel was full but we still got the king room we requested. Well laid out, very clean and comfortable bed. It is the staff that raises my review from a 4 to a 5. Given our circumstances, we were stressed out. Warm greeting at the front desk. Too tired to go out to eat, so we had wine and snacks at the in-house Bistro. Special thanks to Jaime and the other staff for making us feel right at home and preparation of food to order with variations from the menu. We have stayed in hotels more than 50 nights this year alone and we will be back when passing through the Washington DC area.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple