“Holiday”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely place this.blink and you would miss it.up a street down near the front in bugibba.owner was very friendly.like most maltese.gave us chick pea soup while waited for meal.did take a while to come but was very good.nice inside,highly recommended

2  Thank David L

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This restaurant was recommended in a travel guide and didn't disappoint. I had the veal schnitzel, my husband a sirloin steak and our sons both had the local fish. Along with the mains came a plate of roast potatoes, fried courgettes and carrots with herbs. The food was excellent.
It is just the sort of place we enjoy...family owned business where the staff really care about what they are doing.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We visited this restaurant 4 times so far on this trip. It never disappoints. A warm welcome awaits all visitors. Do not expect fast food as each dish is expertly prepared and cooked by Esther in the kitchen. Paul looks after front of house with a calm assured presence. The food from a full and varied menu is absolutely delicious. Thank you once again to Paul and Esther.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We went here our first night in Malta as a group of eight. My parents go every year and love this place. It's easy to see why.
The restaurant is a good size. The owner is very nice, but my parents have been going for 7 years now, so they know him.
There's a wide variety of food to choose from, including snails, rabbit, octopus, quail, horse and more.
I had the checked wings to start, which were in a lovely tangy sauce. I also had some of the octopus from my partner's plate, which was also very tasty.
For the main, I had a pork stew. It was very good, although could have maybe used a slightly bigger portion.
The service is a bit slower than you might want, but it seems like it's the owner running the front of house on his own, so that's to be forgiven.
I'd recommend it as worth a visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

It is not often that you find a restaurant that meets your needs perfectly. For me Malet was one of those times. Having had a number of ordinary meals, some of which were awfully overpriced, we were looking for somewhere that we could get a nice Maltese meal. We found our way to Malet and I am so glad we did.
Firstly the gentleman who owned the restaurant was so nice and obliging. Boy did he work hard serving the whole room on his own and doing so with charm and grace.
Before I even go on to the food a quick word about the wine list. We decided to have white wine because the day was so warm. There was a full page of local white wines with the house white starting at under 9 euro a bottle and most of the wines 14 euro. We chose a Pinot Grigio with the help of the owner and it was really nice.
And so to the food.
My partner started with a shared plate of maltese Hos D'oeuvres. Really nice combination of anchovy puffs, cheeselets, bean paste dips, olives and crackers. These were really really nice. For my mains course I had Bragioli which are fabulous beef rolls served in a wonderfully rich farmhouse sauce. Really wonderful! My partner had Chicken Italiano which she enjoyed very much also. They cooked plain chicken kebabs with white rice for the children and hardly even flinched when they were asked for tomato sauce to pour all over them!
Desserts were completely out of the question after this wonderfully substantial meal so I can't comment on them.
This is rich, highly tasty food served in pleasant surroundings. It is certainly the nicest meal we had while in Malta and would not be out of place in any good restaurant anywhere. Highly recommended!