“Just like a typical local”
Review of Red Lion Pub

Red Lion Pub
Ranked #20 of 105 Restaurants in Qawra
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Sports - Bar - Grill
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Popped in a couple of times, once for drinks and once for a quick bite too eat. Staff seem ok, but usual pub type atmosphere I guess. Large cokes 3.20 euros. Average prices for the area. OK if passing by

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I visited here one Saturday lunchtime for lunch. It was busy but easy enough to find a table in the covered porch area.

I ordered a John Smiths and my mum a sprite. For food I had Sausage, egg, chips and beans and my mum the fish and chips.

The food was filling and delicious but it is a bit pricey in my view.

I would recommend this place though.

1  Thank HullPhil
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Great place to relax over a drink but food is a bit disappointing. Service a bit slow and not all waiters speak English..

I was shocked that when we asked for more ice in our drink, we were told we were taking too long to drink it and we were charged 10euros for each ice cube!!!!

Unbelievable!!

2  Thank PInk C
Andrew F, Manager at Red Lion Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Pink C,
We thank you for taking your time to write your experience at Red Lion Pub.

The first time you came to the pub was on Sunday 10th June 2018 at lunch time. You asked our waitress for a glass of ice. We provided you with ice and you sat on one of our tables. You then took out your own bottle of water which you did not buy from our establishment and drank it at no cost. We did not say anything. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Ms. Pink C, you came the following day and bought a double Malibu over ice for 4 Euro which our staff brought to your table. You requested another glass of ice which our staff also brought to your table. When we brought you ice you requested lime wedges which our staff brought to your table. After that you requested for more ice cubes which we brought to your table. You also requested for more lime wedges which we brought to your table. You also mixed your Malibu with a soft drink that you did not buy from our establishment. We brought this to your attention since we do not work with that brand and explained politely that we do sell soft drinks.

Saying that our service is SLOW is very misleading because for one drink we came to your table 5 times after each other. Please keep in mind that we are here to serve other customers as well as you after serving you 5 times in a row.

You also came the following day and you did the same thing again which we never said anything.

On your last day which was Tuesday 13th June 2018 you once again did the same thing. I came over to your table and politely told you that if you would like more ice we will be provide you at a cost because you are consuming to much ice for the drink you were taking (3 large glasses and a whole lime). I never said that you were taking too long to drink. You told me that you understand. Then after a while you came to the bar to buy 2 ice cubes, which you were charged 0.20 cents and not 10 Euros each.

Another small reminder is that all our staff are English Speaking.

Saying that our FOOD IS DISAPPOINTING is UNBELIEVABLE. Everyday you came to our establishment you always asked for the Menu. However, you never ordered anything to eat. So, we cannot understand your comment saying that OUR FOOD IS PRICY & DISAPPOINTING. UNBELIEVABLE.

Our staff are always happy to serve customers and always cater to their needs. That is why we have been in business for over 30 years and we have repeated customers year after year. Even if they want more ice we will be happy to provide them with at no extra cost. However, to consume 3 large glasses of ice & 1 whole lime for 2 shots is way over the limit using you own soft drink which you did not buy from our establishment.

Having said this, I ask why did you come every day??

I think your review about our establishment is UNBELIEVABLE!!

If you would like to get in touch do not hesitate to contact us on redlionmalta@gmail.com

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Staff are friendly and welcoming the portions in food are very generous my favourite meal is the curry you literally eat the bowl highly recommended

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Visited the Red Lion on June 6th 2018, found meals quite expensive, quality ? Ordered sweet chilli chicken wrap, filled with lot's of cheese and vegetables and very little chicken. Staff were polite and efficient, would not return.