“Best of the best”
Review of Surf N Turf

Surf N Turf
Ranked #1 of 103 Restaurants in Qawra
Price range: US$12 - US$82
Description: Surf N Turf Strive to serve you with exceptional dishes cooked to perfection. Our menu offers a selection of Mediterranean cuisine with a French fusion. This includes the daily specials which are fresh local fish and prime meat cuts. Dishes are also accompanied by a wide range of fresh and local products. Besides, the assistance of sommelier Joshua Borg will guide you to select from a vast and detailed wine list. Finally, a mouth-watering homemade dessert will end your dining experience on a positive note.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

10 out of 10..best o the best fish and seafood restaurant
Very friendly staff and divine service.
Well done

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Our first visit at Surf N Turf was superb. Exceptional food, great atmosphere, dedicated staff. The restaurant offers a good selection of both food and wine. Good value for money. Highly recommended! We will definitely see you again. Surely one of the most amazing fine dining restaurants on the island.

1  Thank G_Debattista
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Second time round at this great restaurant it is always an experiance food is great and lovely service

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Wow this was great, I dine out a lot in many restaurants in london and this would be very successful the waiters theatrics cooking fish at table was great and good entertainment. Truly service with passion and love.
Amazing only time dine out in malta apart from city so was really chuffed.
French wine menu was on point ! As I missed this choice from Uk and great whiskey selection.

1  Thank Chocolate_shaf
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Having lived in Malta for a while I have seen this restaurant advertised in quite a few places and the photos of exquisite looking food enticed myself and my partner to finally try last night.

The experience however was the polar opposite of what the delicious photos of the food lead you to believe.

Firstly, we started off with an appetiser of an oyster and prawn, scallop o gratin. The gratin was lovely and the oyster came out in on a nicely presented plate accompanied by lots of dry ice for effect. However.... the oyster was bad, smelling and tasting very fishy and instantly made me throw it back up. (The owner was however apologetic and took this off our bill). Which to be fair should have been a given anyway.

As a result of this, I cancelled my starter of mussels as was not prepared to take any chances and instead ordered the Camembert in filo pastry with my partner ordering the salmon carpaccio. They brought the salmon out looking once again nicely presented and placed a small glass lid over the top that they proceeded to pump in smoke at the table to in order to create the smoked like flavour they were aiming to achieve. After tasting this, I can only describe this as totally bland, no seasoning and yes with a small aroma of smoke. All in all very average tasting but looking good.

The filo pastry cheese however was utter garbage and a waste of time basically consisting of a few slithers of cold cheese wrapped in pastry with a jam and for some reason salad with it.

Our next and final course (The Main)... We ordered the pork with crackling and salt baked sea bass from their specials menu. The pork was delicious, the sea bass was filleted by the waiter at our table as per the norm and presented to be eaten. Now, its a good job I ordered the seabass 'salt baked' as at least it had some flavour or seasoning as essentially otherwise it would have been tasteless. The accompanying sides were under cooked greasy home made chips, some vegetables roasted but also greasy and some leaves thrown together to form some form of posh side salad.

All in all, I have to say for such hyped up ratings and reviews I really have no clue how or why people rate this so restaurant so highly. The location also does not fit what the restaurant trying to achieve as its in grubby part of town. The owner is however a lovely gentleman trying his hardest so that I must give them credit for.

I would say if you like to pay for food that 'looks good', is 'aesthetically pleasing' and expensive for what it is then this is defo the place to sit inside and 'look cool to your friends with your 50 instagram photos'. However, If you prefer substance over presentation, then I would recommend a reastaurant like one80 in melleiha or 'Salt' in buggiba with much better standard of food with an actual taste.. both links below: