All reviews the bus apartment was spacious bad reviews inside pool plenty of sunbeds sea front toaster bugibba leak euro
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Dissapointing!! No where near as nice as advertised. Our apartment smelt extremely musty very unpleasant! The patio area also stunk of cat poo as the numerous cats were using the large plant pot as their toilet, which was swarming with flies. The staff removed several bags but the cats came back as did the smell and flies- remove or cover the plant pot. Restaurant food poor - roast beef from a frozen packet and microwaved chicken that was like old shoe leather! Buggiba at least 15mins walk, not 5. So not good for anyone with mobility issues as u can only get a bus back, not there.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank cwiss
Reviewed 8 October 2012

OK so it is in a little head for some cosmetic work but on average its a very good place to stay
Close to towns and shops Maine bus terminus just down the road allowing access to all areas of the island
Great staff with good attitude and willing to help
The in house reps are help full and debbie is great at her job and we have felt with her every time we have visited

Room tip: Pay a little extra
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank john1946066
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I have time share weeks at Salina Wharf and so have stayed here previously a couple of years ago, this visit was for 2 weeks arriving at 1am Tuesday 19th September as Air Malta flights from Manchester tend to arrive in the early hours. Checking in was easy and Reception were expecting me to arrive late and had everything ready.
The apartment on the 4th floor was spotlessly clean and contained all that you need for a comfortable holiday. It had 2 balconies and was facing the gardens and pool and also benefitted from sunshine all day. I was particularly impressed with the build quality as my apartment was next to the lift but I just never heard the slightest noise either from people waiting for it to arrive or from the lift mechanism............and I am very picky about these things.
Problems? Well not really, I could not get the dvd player to work but they sent a maintainance man round within 5 minutes of my asking, he explained that I was not using the correct proceedure and it worked perfectly, a light bulb in the bathroom decided to expire after a couple of days, I mentioned this to reception and they had someone round very quickly to replace it.
My housekeeping lady Sandra was a treasure, she very kindly put up with my late rising most mornings and worked around me changing towels, bedding and generally tidying for me.
The outdoor pool was very clean and there were plenty of sun beds which a lot of people were using, I did not visit the indoor pool.
The bar was a little expensive for beers but just a minutes walk found bars selling beers, food and breakfasts all at really good prices, just round the corner was a shop selling newspapers and provisions, also tours to all parts of the island.
A walk under 10 minutes brought me to the bus station, really good restaurants, La Sorpressa served excellent steaks with excellent service. The Casino and Dolmen Centre also very close and you can be down to the sea front again in less than 10 minutes.
I find Salina Wharf suits my requirements ideally, friendly, clean, comfortable and a good location.
I expect to be back early next year.

Room tip: THe rooms facing the gardens or pool are the best ones.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Not impressed this year. I 've stayed here a few times since I became an owner 9 years ago but most of the complex is getting a bit tired looking and many of the apartments are in need of refurbishment. There appears to be a vast range in standards of apartments on offer, with most seeming to lean towards 'standard' or even 'basic'. Not quite the standard Ithought I had bought into!! The most recent development phase a couple of years ago still seems to be the focus of attention and other areas are suffering because of this. Most issues could probably be easily resolved with a bit of minor refurbishment and some much-needed spending directed here instead of at the promotion and selling of the newest phase.
Away from the main entrance and public areas wear and tear issues are pretty much universal, and could probably be easily rectified with a modicum of minor refurbishments and basic thorough maintenance. Much of the 'greenery' around the complex also need severe pruning - particularly the trees and many of the larger shrubs. Some may think it adds a nice feel to the complex but so did the flies and the mosquitoes when we visited!!! The kiddies play area looked grubby and run down under its leafy canopy, and the concrete showing through the paint on the bottom of the outdoor pool made it look dirty and unkempt (although it was actually very clean, if also very cold).
I could probably go on and on but my general opinion is that most of the complex is getting very tired and out-dated, and I would rate it amongst standard to basic apartments in other areas of the resort.

Room tip: If you're not happy with your room tell them - don't accept less than you expected
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaxx57
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Not a good sign when you get to gate 13 and discover that you are in seat 13D. Nevertheless we got to Malta safely and at the airport took the maltatransfer.com minibus to the hotel. We had planned to take a taxi but the minibus transfer direct to the hotel seemed good value for 7EU per person. The hotel offers a minibus transfer for up to four at 49 euros.

First impression: Malta resembles Bath after global warming melts the ice caps - the yellow stone blocks laid rather haphazardly and erratically across the sunny landscape. 30C when we arrived, having left Bristol at about 10C. Crowded though - presumably Bristol residents moved here to escape the rising waters. Scruffy, unshaven, relaxed. I would still be looking for a parking space had I hired a car

Another first impression: the Club Salina Wharf has a nice water feature in reception, so we could sit and watch the water run down the stainless steel wall - it’s clear plastic actually which you discover when they switch off the water, spoiling the effect. We watched it for half an hour while the single receptionist on duty checked in the guests who had arrived ahead of us. Not enough staff for changeover day.

Then the room. Oh dear. Strong smell of damp - paint peeling off the walls, mould around the ceiling. We took the bedding out onto the veranda to air - a faint hope. My wife is asthmatic and found it hard to breathe; I just found it unpleasant. Lots of items missing from the inventory. We discovered that the power next door was fed from our room when we went out taking what we thought was the card key from its socket and plunging next door into darkness.
Reception (still just one bloke) felt unable to deal with our problem other than by putting us on the no show list - if someone doesn’t turn up today we can have their room tomorrow. We felt strongly enough that we rang the RCI helpdesk in London to complain. Seamas rang reception, no joy; he rang the manager, no reply; he then got their rep in Malta chasing round other resorts to try and find an alternative - maybe tomorrow. But he did ring me back after making enquiries - so few people do!

During the night my wife gave up on the room and went to try and sleep on the comfy chairs in Reception. A different receptionist took pity on her and gave her the key to a larger room - this was still a bit musty but a huge improvement, and I suppose we have the heat and humidity of the island to blame for that. When Seamas rang back next morning he had already been in touch with the hotel, and we told him we were sorted.

I think the hotel has been extended over the years – they have put up about half a dozen blocks surrounding the pool. I suspect this is why some reporters love their rooms, and others hate them. Perhaps they need to spend time and money on refurbishment?

There is a bar / restaurant, usually pretty much empty when we were there. The pool is quite good, but feels cramped with all the sun loungers around it – mostly empty. As far as I could tell most of the rooms were empty in late September. Three PCs in reception offering internet access for €1 for 20 minutes

Room tip: If you don't like the room they offer you, don't put up with sub-standard
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple