2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$26
Agoda.comUS$26
TravelocityUS$25
1,764 results
All reviews alexis meylaq self catering the bus guest relations manager reception staff convenience store fresh towels local buses plenty of sunbeds xemxija bay apartment island malta bugibba maids
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Pool - water looked a bit dodgy - used it once.

Pool bar - fly infestedand dirty had one drink and never returned.

Indoor pool/gym - never used.

Reception - clean and nice and cool, decor and furniture getting a bit tatty. Free Wifi here only.

Restaurant - never used in evening. Can't comment.

Breakfast (in restaurant) - I thought was reasonable selection and quality for five euro. Wife thought it was disgusting. Hot Sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, toast, cold meats cheese, cereal, fruit, tea coffee all avalable on self-serve basis.

Room - we had 409 which we were told was a time share apartment. We liked it, reasonably modern and clean, well equipped. Balcony ability small but adequate for the two of us to dry Some clothes and to enjoy a glass or two. Decor getting a bit tatty.

Room cleaning - poor, only cleaned/changed towels etc once in a week not what you would expect any where really.

Staff - all seemed friendly and helpful whenever needed

Supermarket - complete rip off, avoid if you value your cash. They should be wearing masks. I paid for some ice cream with a 20 euro note and the man serving pulled a ridiculous face like I'd just done the toilet on his counter. He then threw the change down on the counter without so much as a thank you. Very ignorant idiot who really needs taught a lesson.

Location - we liked it. Avoided the pool for earlier stated reasons but used Beachaven lido, just across the main road and up the hill a hundred yards or so, lovely place. Good few places to swim in the sea if you don't mind rocks, also just across the road which we loved. Supermarket on main road just round the corner is excellent, very well stocked and reasonably priced. It also appears to have the best air conditioning on the island!!!! Limited places to eat and drink near by but the bus stop is again on the main road just at the bottom of the hill. Buses are cheap and easy to work out.

I think we will return to Malta but not perhaps to Porto Azzurra.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Once again was happy to be back in my favourite place.All the staff are friendly & will always help you in whatever way is needed.Alexis will oversee any problems that the receptionists cant. I`ve wrote so many reviews & don't wish to keep repeating myself, but only that I was happy with my room & any faults I found were quickly rectified. If more guests maybe talked their grievancies through with either the receptionists or Alexis,then just maybe if it`s possible,they too would be rectified sooner for them. For me personally I love being at PortoAuzzurro love the tranquillity & plenty of buses nearby to get you around the island.

Room tip: In Summer poolside rooms
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
PortoAzzurro, Guest Relations Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Returning Guest,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be your choice hotel and for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am happy to note that, you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and are very touched by your compliments of the friendliness and dedication of our Porto Azzurro Team. We make every effort to ensure your stay is to your satisfaction and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts.

We hope you will add Porto Azzurro Aparthotel to your next holiday schedule and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Sales & Guest Relations Manager
Porto Azzurro…Your 3 Star Choice!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I had a personal issue and finally I couldn’t travel to this Hotel in Xemxija with my friend, as scheduled.

The urgency of the matter didn’t allow us to predict the cancellation of the booking, but at least we could call the day before the deadline. The first surprising thing was that the receptionist urged me to call the day after because nobody was there and she just hung the phone up..

They did not even reply our mails to study options not to lose -at least- the full amount of the booking. But it was an impossible mission and nothing helped.

It was an unfriendly and not empathic environment I had to deal with, and of course, without success.

This experience makes me think deeply about booking in a Hotel without a previous recommendation and be careful of using some online platforms. Everything goes well if there is no unforeseen events.

Room tip: Try to avoid the unforeseen events.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cuSilvia
PortoAzzurro, Sales & Guest Relations Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your experience when booking your stay through a third-party website and sorry to hear that your booking did not go as planned.

We understand that plans sometimes change, for this reason, we always remind our guests to book directly with us. However, when bookings are made through third parties, the communication goes through a third-party agency, it is not managed directly by our staff. This gives us personally less flexibility and freedom to make exceptions, as with your booking. Once you booked your stay through a third party website, all further changes will also need to go first through the agency you booked with. Then, the third party website will inform us about the changes.

We receive Emails on a daily basis and I am confident that your email was not sent to us directly, especially since you didn't book directly with us. All emails sent on info@portoazzurro.com.mt, would have been replied directly by me and I have not received an Email concerning the change of your travel plans.

That being said, our cancellation policy was clearly written, that if cancelled or modified up to 3 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally on alexis@portoazzurro.com.mt

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one week in what is supposed to be a 3 star hotel. We were disgusted with the quality and decoration of the service and the rooms. Tea and coffee were not provided in the rooms did have a spoon and kettle though. Rooms were old and in need of repair (see pics below) . Rooms were not cleaned properly daily . Sink and toilet were left dirty, cups were not replaced for clean. No toiletries apart from a small bar of soap. Breakfast was disgusting luke warm food and staff helped them selves with their fingers to melon. Staff were helpful. I would not recommend this hotel and would have moved to a different one if we could have.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

I travel often and I came here with friends for the day. Everything was broken including: deck chairs, tables, pool features, umbrellas and stairs. Even the railings were all rusted. Their drinks were warm and the food we ordered was brought in by two men (the "chefs"): one wearing an apron and flip-flops and no shirt and the other smoking a cigarette over the food. They were pushing the food on a small shopping cart and when the ribs (that we had ordered) slid off the cart he pushed them back with his bare hands that was just pushing the metal cart. We called the manager, he apologized and gave us a refund. We left and went somewhere else, but the little girl who entered the swimming pool became very sick and we had to go home. What a horrible experience!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Twan132
PortoAzzurro, Manager at Porto Azzurro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously. We took on board all your comments and were rectified straight away.

The pool is cleaned on a daily basis and readings are taken daily in order to make sure that the level and quality of the water is up to standard and in line with the health and safety regulations. We are sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your visit for the reasons you have mentioned. I am also sorry that the bar - kitchen team behaved as you described. The person that was smoking is no longer working at the poolbar.

We can definitely do better, and I would love the opportunity to prove that to you. In case that you will be returning, please do not hesitate to contact me personally on alexis@portoazzurro.com.mt

Sales & Guest Relations Manager
Porto Azzurro…Your 3 Star Choice!