“Fun Diving & Padi Advanced Cource”
Review of Aquatica

Aquatica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Malta & Aquatica 5 Star Dive Centre, where dedication and professionalism come together to form a friendly environment that you can trust.Come join the adventure of diving in Malta and let us be your trusted guides to a memorable diving experience that you will never forget.Our service provides all divers with enjoyable, flexible and highly customised packages. With a fresh and friendly attitude we aim to ensure everyone enjoys a great day.OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My fiancé had booked her PADI advanced course & I later booked to join in with 4 fun dives with Aquatica. I found the booking process to be easy & they were very accommodating. The prices were good value compared to other dive operations on Malta. We were picked up & dropped of at our Hotel and transported to the dive sites at no extra cost.

Her instructor Alex was also our guide & we were joined by Steve who was new to the Aquatica team so just the 4 of us diving :) The diving was great, good viz, easy conditions & plenty to see if you like wrecks! The highlight being the final dive of the Tug Boat - Rozi at Marfa point. Alex was very knowledgable about the history and dive sights of Malta and a free history lesson is included in the price

The dive shop is also a cafe which we sampled for lunch. Very reasonable prices for a couple of tasty toasted wraps & good coffee.

My only small negative would be the dive centre didn’t have a dive shop. I’d normally would buy a t-shirt, dive book or diving souvenir. Perhaps something to develop in the future.

Overall an excellent & enjoyable trip, good laughs and my fiancé passed her course!

We will be back!

"cruise ship"
"refresher dive"
"final dive"

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've dived with Aquatica a few times now and every time I could not be happier: the staff are incredibly friendly, accommodating, professional and safety-conscious. They do everything in their power to make sure you have a great time and that your experience diving in Malta remains a wonderfully memorable souvenir for you for years to come.

I wanted to share my experience of my most recent trip to highlight just how awesome Daryl and his team are.

I returned to Malta after almost exactly 2 years since my last dive (during which time I was unfortunately not able to dive at all). Daryl and his team ensured that I had a warm welcome back underwater :)

Here are some key points:

1) With some advance planning and email correspondence, Daryl helped me to arrange to have a diving medical with a local doctor on the day of my arrival, so I wouldn't have to spend time doing the medical on my first day of diving and to make sure that all the paperwork etc is complete. I planned to drop by the diving centre straight from the airport so that I can also leave my diving gear at the centre, which was very convenient!

2) After not diving for an extended period of time I thought I might need a refresher. Daryl ensured that I was very well taken care of, by assigning an instructor (ciao Alex!) all to myself :) Once I got in the water, all my worries melted away and I had an amazing time.

3) Daryl and the team ensured that I (and the other divers diving) got to visit different dive sites during our stay. We got to express our preferences and as long as weather conditions allowed, we were able to go where we wanted to go. For me this is a particular bonus, as I simply love some of the dive sites (e.g. the Rozi, pictured) and am keen to explore them again and again. Having the team be so flexible and accommodating truly makes a difference!

4) I booked transfers as I was staying on another part of the island and the team were excellent in arranging pick ups (always punctual!) and drop-offs, allowing flexibility for when I wanted to be dropped off straight from the dive site without having to return to the diving centre or if I wanted to hang out at the diving centre for a bit longer to have lunch or clean my gear etc.

5) Daryl and his team paid great attention to detail to ensure that I had everything I needed and that I was comfortable. Coming back here is like visiting family :)

6) The team are great for offering tips and advice, not just for diving, but also for things to do on the island, such as new restaurants to check out (thanks Alex for the tips!).

7) The new Aquatica cafe is great and the excellent customer service culture is present here as well. From making your coffee just the way you like it to whipping up a very tasty salad with grilled vegetables and prosciutto outside of normal lunch hours but just to please a post-diving hungry customer, you know you can count on them :)

I will definitely come again and hope that divers will consider Aquatica as their dive guides of choice in Malta!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I booked four diving courses with Aquatica and when I arrived in Malta they tried everything to satisfy my request. The second week it was very windy and they worked hard to make me finish the course even with bad weather. I've learnt a lot and I feel I am a much better diver. The crew looks like a big, funny and responsible family. I hope to dive with them again!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Had a great time learning to dive from the instructor, Alex! We spent two days upgrading to the PADI open diver certification and Alex was very helpful and patient with us. We learned a lot and we laughed a lot! On the second day Alex took us to see a ship wreck (our first!) and we were thrilled. It was a great experience, we have now been to aquatica twice and have enjoyed it both times. Very knowledgeable and helpful instructors and staff. Will definitely be back!! :)