All reviewstop floorcomfortable roomsgreat foodchair liftsteam roomski areabreakfast and dinnerbar next doorboot heatersfussy eaterolder roomshot and cold itemsski liftred runsalad buffetquiet resortwellness area
Reviewed 10 May 2017

My partner and I have been going to the dufour with family and friends for the past 3 christmas holidays and whilst the snow may not always be reliable early season the Dufour is. All rooms, particularly those on the higher floors, are lovely with enough space to relax in. The food is brilliant with classic Italian meals of the portion size you need after a days skiing, and a great local wine list. With thPunta Jolanda chair lift is effectively behind the hotel, the Favre bar next door and the David Sport bar behind (which also is a ski hire shop) makes this the perfect location. Gressoney as a whole is a quiet resort so don't expect a lively apres-ski but it will definitely be welcoming and enjoyable.

Will be going back again for sure

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Zander O
Emanuela T, Proprietario at Hotel Dufour, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

we are happy to have you every year in our hotel being special guests.
Best regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Travelled to this Hotel with Inghams and both the Hotel and Resort exceeded expectations. This was a first visit to the Monte Rosa area and I am certain, it won't be the last. I chose this Hotel because I couldn't find a bad review of it - that's quite unusual !
I am reluctant to write this review because this area is so good, I selfishly don't want people to know about it because I fear it will change. However, I hope it will continue to be respected by those who love it.
Gressoney is a very small village with just a small local shop and a couple of bars plus a few hotels, it doesn't have a big apres-ski culture which suits me fine. The valley leading up to the resort is quite stunningly beautiful. The local people are friendly and generous of nature.
The Hotel Dufour is in an excellent location, close to a lift and the end of a red run which is not difficult and could be managed by "blue run" skiers in my opinion, provided conditions are good. It is in the middle of a three valley resort which gives great options for skiing the whole area. In the event of the lift being closed, there is a ski bus (Navetta) which is just a few steps from the Hotel and a 10 minute bus journey gets you to the main part of the Gressoney ski area at Stafal.
We stayed half board which included a substantial and varied buffet breakfast with both hot and cold items (including cakes - this appears to be an Italian staple at breakfast). My only criticism is that the hot breakfast didn't stay hot for long but this is just a small gripe. The evening meal was started with a large selection of salads and savoury items which I believe are "anti-pasti" and were delicious. There was a choice of three starters which included soups and pasta dishes and then a choice of four main courses, one of which was usually vegetarian....this was followed by a massive selection of desserts. As others have mentioned in previous reviews, I would defy anyone not to have enough to eat. There was a great selection of wines and most of an affordable price - € 20-24 would give a choice of some very good wines.
The rooms were acceptable, plenty of space, lots of storage and hanging space with radiators that worked well and were great for drying wet kit, essential after skiing. Had a nice balcony to chill out on after skiing. I believe the Hotel are upgrading the rooms gradually and I guess things will only get better going forwards - we had one of the older rooms I believe but it met our needs and we were there to ski, not to sit in a room !!
Finally, the Wellness Area, fantastic way to finish the skiing day, sauna and jacuzzis (these were the only things I tried) but I believe there was also a steam room and massages available (massages were not included in the holiday price but were an optional extra). There was iced water and fruit tea available in the Wellness Area and lots of seating areas to relax in and a supply of books. The ski and boot room was good too, the boot heaters worked very well and there was plenty of seating for getting boots off and on.
The staff were all very friendly and made you feel welcome and as if you were friends not customers - I forgot my ski jacket and they kindly lent me a jacket for the week. In addition, I skied over my husband's ski pole and snapped it in half and the hotel arranged a loan of a set of ski poles - you can't better that for generosity.

THANK YOU HOTEL DUFOUR FOR A FABULOUS WEEK - HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

First off the location to the first ski lift being a 1 minute walk is just so amazing. Second it's right next to the bus stop if you want to go straight to the next resort. The hotel it's self had really nice staff, one of which really made the stay even more enjoyable. The rooms are comfortable, but have to say the beds are quite narrow. The food in this place is amazing! I'm a pretty fussy eater usually but the food they made was so good, ended up eating stuff I don't usually. All and all a great holiday spot :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2017

I stopped here in March 2017 with a large group, some staying in the hotel (including me) and some in nearby apartments. We all ate half board at the hotel, the quality of the food was good, with the normal caveat of Italian hotel meals that if you need your carbs have it with the pasta course. Evening meals was a good salad buffet followed normally a choice of four starts and mains and a dessert buffet served by the staff. Breakfast was a good mix of hot and cold items. Pleasant bar and a cosy "stube"? downstairs. My room was nice and modern and a comfy bed and well looked after shower ensuite. Whilst I only used it once the spa on the top floor was very good. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

From a skiing perspective the hotel is only a 100 yards from the Punta Jolanda ski lift which provides good access to all the skiing.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Dear Emanuela and rest of the wonderful staff
Thank you very much do a wonderful week. We really enjoyed it, from the very comfortable rooms, the lovely spa and the food of course, delicious.
Hotel Dufour is very near lift Punta Jolanda that takes you all around , to Gressoney, to Champoluc and to Alagna. Ther were also a skibus just outside the hotel that took you to the liftstation tio St Anna and to Salati.
The children (between 8 months to 13 years) really liked to stay there. There were a lot to do, skiing all day long, there were slopes for everybody and then go to the spa and after that cardplaying or go to the playroom with fotballgame or billiard . The food was also a hit, pasta with pesto.
Once again thank you for a really wonderful stay.
You all really took care of us from the reception, in the bar and in the restaurant .
We will recommend Hotel Dufour to everybody especially to big familys,
Elisabeth Nyvang and my family and Fam Tell