All reviews san gimignano francesco grocery pools tuscany villa
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We have had a great time at this Tuscan borgo. The spacious apartment, the green space outside, the swimming pools, the playground and the amazing view. The wine tasting was great and at the same time informative. We walked to the center of Montaione a few times. The owner Francesco is very sympathetic and did everything to make sure we had a unforgettable holiday. He also gave us tips to discover the area. We have been to Tuscany before, but this borgo has something extra, something special.. See you next time!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Casaccia, Proprietario at Borgo La Casaccia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Agnetha, grazie! Thank You so much for the beautiful words! It has been a real pleasure to welcome You and I'm so happy You loved Borgo La Casaccia
I really hope to see You again!
I wish You all the best

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

The place is perfect for families. Wonderful pool, amazing quiet and Francesco owner of the place that helps in any problem. The area itself is amazing 20 minutes from San Gimignano. Heaven for all . We will be back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Noam, thank You so much! You have been great guests and I'm so happy You loved the Borgo La Casaccia!
I wish You all the best

Reviewed 2 September 2018

This villa is amazing. We had the three bedroom apartment which is directly in front of the pool. It has an outside space (patio) to the back. We loved it! The wifi is wonderful. The sunsets were gorgeous! The location is perfect for day excursions. I also appreciated the grocery stores directly located 5 minutes from the exit. I RECOMMEND the wine tasting! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: three bedroom apartment is worth the extra
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Casaccia, Proprietario at Borgo La Casaccia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Nathalie , grazie! thank You so much for sharing your memories, and I'm happy and honored that Borgo La Casaccia left good memories in You. It has been a pleasure to welcome your family in Tuscany and I will remember for a long time the smiles made in the wine tasting!
I hope to see You again and I wish You all the best

Reviewed 8 August 2016

My husband, boys and I (3 boys 5, 5 & 7) stayed here in peak summer season July-August 2016 for 2 weeks. This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay with a fabulous location- close to everything you want to do in Tuscany.

The multi-level pool (one for infants, one for kids and a deep pool) were indeed the highlight for our family. Gorgeous setting and enough room even on crowded days. Clean and well kept- I enjoyed this setting very much.

The 'tavern' located in the bottom of the villa added a nice touch of ice cream, local wine and olive oil for purchase during the off hours when everything was closed.

VERY clean, grounds and all- is much appreciated. Charming planters and common areas. Wonderful place to watch the sunset is right in the backyard!

All of the guests seemed to have children- which I think is important to note since kids can run free and enjoy the grounds after a long day sightseeing with their parents. I wouldn't recommend this place to a couple of young honeymooners during peak family travel time! However this is indeed a blessing for those of us with kids don't have to worry about annoying others! (this would be us!).

We stayed in the Bolgheri apt. The website is very helpful in describing the units! Our unit did not have a private garden- which I highly recommend. Book early to get one (we did not)! The living area is merely a couch in the kitchen and we didn't book soon enough to get the garden. I'd still stay here though even if we didn't have one.

The breeze was lovely- each room was cool if we kept the windows open- the master room had such a great breeze at night it was wonderful to fall asleep to!

Pros:
Laundry facilities available which is helpful on a long stay.
Kitchen well equipped
Linen change after one week
Friendly staff
Helpful suggestions on where to go/eat/park/etc
setting in the hills
historic building itself

Cons:
Our kitchen screen could have been replaced. Mosquitos were fairly bad during our stay and they sensed we like to hang out late into the evening there :)

Washing dishes was a challenge because the water temp didn't get much beyond warm. I boiled our washing water on the stove. This didn't bother us in the shower though because the weather was so hot the entire stay!

Just prepare yourself for these very, very minor trials and you're in great shape. By far and away they weren't something I would consider is a deal breaker- but I had read the thing about the water in a prior review and thought it helpful.

Lastly, we had the best family holiday to date in Tuscany and staying at Borgo La Casaccia made this possible. Many thanks to Francesco for the wonderful villa he maintains to holiday makers!

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room with garden!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Farrah R
Casaccia, Proprietario at Borgo La Casaccia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Dear Farrah, thank you so much for the detailed review, it will be helpful for other guests.
I thank you also for your kind words and I'm happy you enjoyed your holiday here in the heart of Tuscany!
About Mosquito's net , as it broke in July, I need to wait until last week of August, when workers finish their holiday and I will replace it.
About the water temperature you should tell me! it's a very simple thing to solve, we have to turn a wheel and it's done. Every guests have a different sensation about water's temperature and we can adjust it. But I'm happy this was an "easy" problem to solve.
Thank you again and I wish you all the best
Regards

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Wery nice appartments, well equipped, tuscan style.

There is a ver nice garden and pool area with plenty of seating areas and sun beds. Thsi topped with nice view over wine and olive fields.

We spend a wey nice week may 2016.

Room Tip: It's nice to have an appartment with private terrace
Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Casaccia, Proprietario at Borgo La Casaccia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Thank You so much for your review!
I'm happy ypu appreciated the Borgo and You notice that there's enough space for everyone in the pool-area.
Thank you again, I wish you all the best
Kind Regards