“Horse Riding in Tuscany.”
Review of La Fiaba - MOVED

La Fiaba
More attraction details
Owner description: Only an hour from the hustle and bustle of Florence, hides the peace and tranquility of La Fiaba; horseback riding through the hills of Chianti. At La Fiaba you can take a half or a full day ride out on well mannered, comfortable horses with an English BHS qualified Riding Instructor guide. Groups are kept small with a maximum of 8 riders in a group plus guides; saddles are English and Western; full day rides include lunch and wine.
Reviewed 5 January 2015

We spent a week riding, relaxing and eating at La Fiaba on their Seven Night (full board) Horse Trek Tuscany experience. The horses were all well cared for and Sharon was great at matching our horses with us. My husband Colin is not an experienced rider but Sharon matched him with an Irish Cob named Looby. Looby was safe but did not lack ability to go when asked. Sharon matched me with Biondina who has so much heart and would do anything that was asked of her. We were able to groom and saddle our horses with help from Sharon if we needed it. It was nice to have some ground time getting to know Looby and Biondina.
The rides were varied including a romantic sunset ride to finish the week, which we both enjoyed immensely. The views over the Tuscan countryside were beautiful. The horses were fit and ready to trot or canter whenever the opportunity arose on all the rides we went on during the week.
La Fiaba is a wonderful place that has enabled horses that are no longer useful as harness racehorses, show jumpers and horses that just needed another chance, a home where they are wanted and loved. We really appreciated the effort Sharon and Lorenzo make to keep this not for profit business going.
Sharon ensures the rides are safe but fun and even gave us a couple of lessons as part of our week of riding. Colin reckons that Sharon is the best instructor he has ever had.
During our stay we were very well fed with lots of Italian food. Lorenzo cooked us some really nice dishes and our accommodation was very comfortable.
We would love to return to La Fiaba and would definitely recommend La Fiaba to anyone who loves horses and would like to experience seeing Tuscany from a different perspective.
Our week at La Fiaba was truly memorable.

3  Thank Colin and Jenny C

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Planned my trip to La Fiaba from the Netherlands. Booked by email. When I arrived at La Fiaba I was pleased to see that the horses were well taken care of. Took a day trail on Mata Hari. How about that. A Dutch need Horse for a Dutch girl. I had an amazing time. Great lunch. Although it was very hot that day and we went crazy of all the horse flies. We enjoyed the view. Definitely are going back one day.

Reviewed 2 December 2014

As a horse owner, I am always nervous to go on a trial ride and find ill-kept horses that are out of control and clearly not well taken care of. That was certainly not the case here. Sharon cares a great deal about her horses, and while the stable is very modest in appearance, it would be hard to find a more beautiful place to ride. My husband and I booked a private ride at sunset, and the views were absolutely incredible. The horses were fit and responsive, very equal to the task of navigating the steep hills and gravel roads. It honestly was like riding into a painting, and the memories from this ride will live in my heart forever as some of the most amazing moments of my life.

Reviewed 15 November 2014

We went on a ride and had a good time the horses where great and well match to us it was a great ride with lots of great views of the Tuscan countryside Sharon is doing great work with these rescue horses

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2014

If you love horses and appreciate their individual personalities and gifts, La Fiaba is the place to go for a lovely ride in the Tuscan Hills. Sharon matches horse and rider with thoughtful care to enable an enjoyable short-term relationship for both. I appreciated the chance to groom the fellow who would carry me for the next 3 hours. The scenery was peaceful, picturesque and quintessentially Tuscan. Sharon’s company was rewarding and reassuring. The afternoon will remain as one of the most pleasantly memorable in our trip to Italy. Thank you Sharon and Pancho.