“Yummy”

Ranked #220 of 1,858 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 March 2016

I recently had lunch here for the first time with a work supervisor. I really enjoyed their chicken chimichanga. This particular lunch special is usually served with refried beans and rice, but I was allowed to substitute for double beans (I just don't care for rice that much). The server was attentive and we got our food quickly. I would definitely recommend Lalo's to anyone looking for a new Mexican place to try.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 5 March 2016

The food was really good. When we arrived around 3pm on Friday, we were the only customers. The chips and salsa came quickly. The waiter kept our drinks full.

About a hour into meal, a group of college kids came in. They had drinks which seemed to be good.
I recommend them.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 26 January 2016

For the price, you can't beat the Mexican food here, but watch out for the Margaritta prices! Attentive service, good portions, delicious food at reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere; can be crowded. Much better and less expensive than En Su Boca, a mexican restaurant three blocks away.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank John P
Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

If the waitress was better at service at lunch I would have given this a 5 star rating. Right across the street from the Science Museum of Virginia, it's a good alternative to museum food. Food is delicious, guacamole is spiced just enough and the salsa is just hot enough, chips are thick and you can tell they are hand made.

I had the ground beef burrito, flour tortilla and it was very full but a little salty. Rice was good with peppers included. My husband had the Shrimp burrito and could tell the ingredients to were fresh. The prices were very reasonable.

Service could use some upgrades. Th girl who waited on us gave us the chips and salsa and then proceeded to wait on a large table (we were the only 2 tables in the place) and we sat there for over 15 minutes before she came back. Food was served and we had no napkins or silverware, had to ask for it. Left the bill and we had to call her over in order to pay.

I would highly recommend based on the food alone.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Parsippany1986
Reviewed 29 November 2015

Upscale Mexican in a lovely atmosphere with a nice big bar and TVs. The chips, salsa, and entrees were all very fresh tasting. The food seems to be a good value. The staff were all quite friendly. I wish they had more happy hour specials. You're out of luck if you don't want beer or margaritas, but it is a Mexican restaurant so I suppose that's pretty appropriate. I will definitely be back.

Date of visit: November 2015