“Hidden gem ”
Review of Pelon's Baja Grill

Pelon's Baja Grill
Ranked #385 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Our forte being authentic Mexican dishes in the Californian style, fresh ingredients and lots of vegetarian and vegan options.
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Love this place, some of the best fish tacos. The desert chimichangas are amazing. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

No one knew, but now they are starting to come here. Pelon's used to be a salsa manufacturer, but then they started serving a little food ... and now it's all over. They have some of the best CA-MEX food in Richmond, and with great drinks, beers, and super specials. Try the Wednesday $2 tacos and beers. The best is the fish tacos, carne asada tacos, fresh fish taco salad, burrito bowls, and Presidente beers. Great for the family, or even a little off-the-beaten-trail spot for a date. Just west of Scott's Addition, off of the I-95/64 interchange - Laburnum exit or I-195 Laburnum. And right down the road are 2 great breweries - one of my favorites is Strangeways so you can't go wrong! But don't tell anyone because Pelon's is getting too popular, ok?

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This was truly some of the sorriest food I have been served. The queso was barely warm, the chips stale. My chicken tacos had tiny shreds of flavorless chicken and the shredded lettuce was ready for my compost pile! The only redeeming note is that their black beans were tasty.
Don't waste your time finding this place unless you are desperate for very mediocre food!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

You usually do not find great food in restaurants that blend in with businesses in an office park, but that was not the case here. I stopped in looking for a quick bite to eat before heading over to Strangeways, and I was pleasantly surprised with just how wonderful the food was. Great flavor, fresh, full of meat and toppings, and it was buy 2 get 1 free night, so it was even better.

I've been in town for 10 years and never heard of this place before I stumbled upon it, and I look forward to going back. Just an awesome find in a town with a lot of bland food establishments.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Found this place on Dabney Road .....so nice to get a little away from the crowds on the more major roads. Décor is very casual, with the concrete walls fitting in well with the surrounding industrial area. But the pictures and other touches make it warm and inviting. Great personable staff; fast service; tasty food -- what's not to like??!!! This was my first visit, but it will definitely not be my last!! Do yourself a favor and give it a try yourself!