“Great food and atmosphere ”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #205 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here on a Thursday night and although the parking lot was full, there were tables available. The table-side guacamole was excellent and the margarita good. The shrimp tacos and seafood chimichanga were tasty and a good potion size. The chicken tacos a bit small and the rice and beans average. Service was quick and the staff pleasant.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hard dinner at this busy location. We had about a 10 minute wait for a group of 8. Once seated our waiter took drink orders and answered questions about the menu. Once he brought the drinks, he took care of our orders, answering a couple more questions about the menu. The food came quickly, was hot and prepared well. Everything from nachos, burritos, salads and more. Everyone complimented their meals as very tasty and plenty of food.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 18 February 2018

In the mood for salad, my wife and I perused the online menu and found two items that seemed to fit the bill. I selected the La Flaka Chopped salad with chicken and my bride went with the chicken fajita salad.

We were staying only about 5 minutes away and when I arrived at the restaurant I was greeted warmly and asked if could wait just a few more minutes as the orders were not quite done yet. I seated myself on one of the waiting benches just inside the door. The ambiance and decor was very warm and pleasing and I wished we could have dined in but this unfortunately was not possible this trip.

I waited maybe an additional five more minutes before I was informed by the lovely hostess that my food was ready. Directly, I had two large bags and was headed back to my hotel.

Upon opening the containers that contained our salads we were both surprised by how large they were and how much grilled chicken was heaped on top. The meat was hot, and the greens were still cool and crispy with the dressing very tangy and tasty.
Additionally, the restaurant threw in two backs of still warm tortilla chips with accompanying salsa. At first I thought that the price of the salads were a bit high but after a failed attempt to finish our leafy dishes we realized that indeed the meal was well worth what was paid.

In the future if in the area or just maybe driving through we would be willing to stop in and give the restaurant a full run.

See you on the trail and please try to remember to treat with dignity and respect, all whom with you come in contact

John Eric

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I was staying at Westin and this is a quick walk. I got there at 8 on Sunday night and there were still quite a few people at the place.

Good selection of beers, chips salsa gauc was good and the 3 mix enchiladas turned out good too.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 3 December 2017

For my first visit I joined two other friends here for a lunch. The interior was clean and they provided a nice booth for us to chat and catch up. The server was friendly. They had good choices on their lunch menu for a reasonable price. The three of us ordered different things and our meals all had copious servings. Everyone liked their food.

Date of visit: November 2017