“My new fav dive’ish taco bar”
Review of Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back
Ranked #286 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Recommended by friends so tested it out. Had some awesome tacos “chicken skin”, yes I said chicken skin, but dang they were good. Good beer selection and service ! We’ll be back unlike the other post.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We'd never been to this restaurant so decided to check out their new near west end location on Broad just east of the Powhite in the renovated former Triple. The renovations looked great and the place was busy at noon on a weekday so we were optimistic. We wondered about quick service but our food was delivered quickly. Then we realized most of the other tables seated before us were drinking, not eating. Our party of three ordered both fish and pulled chicken tacos and found both totally unremarkable. The fillings were dry not juicy with barely discernible sauces or seasoning. We were very disappointed. Since they had recently opened this location we expected staff would ask for feedback on our visit but none was solicited. The restaurant scene is robust in RVA so we don't plan to look...... or go...... back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Can't beat the tacos - my favorite is the carnitas. Great happy hour specials with good choice of local beers on tap. Added bonus are the tequilas and the ones they infuse themselves. Friendly service. Great locals place.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

We have been here many times and know the fun history of how this restaurant began ... which is colorful all the way around. The tacos here are just like you might find in New Mexico or California ... very authentic, no fuss but with that homemade touch, fresh ingredients and super taste. I have tried many versions - Carnitas, Beef, Fish*,Chicken, Chorizo*, Shrimp**, and Potato! My favorite is the Shrimp because where can you get a shrimp taco and the shrimp be big, juicy and fresh, right? Here! Choose your style, gringo or traditional and add anything you want .... The nachos here are also great but especially try the margaritas because like the tacos they are the real thing; fresh, and fun! I will always choose Don't Look Back for my local taco fix if I can, and equally refer to newcomers that this place is the bomb ... the reports have always been the same - sugerencia asombrosa!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2016

I promised myself I wouldn't eat at the same place more than once on our recent trip because I wanted to try everything from everywhere in Richmond.
Well, that didn't go down as planned - we ended up visiting DLB 3 times in 6 days!!!!
Very reasonably priced, so so SO delicious and quick too!
This places caters for all diets and palates and accommodates any other dietary requirements without a fuss. Its top on my list of places to recommend in RVA.

Date of visit: September 2016