“Excellent Hotel - Great staff and perfect location - 5 Star”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Stayed Saturday evening with my wife on Executive floor with breakfast included. Room and grounds are perfect. Staff was most accommodating.
Shuttle driver on the evening of June 24 was most friendly and professional. Took us to Short Pump and picked us up later in evening.
As Hilton Honors member, this is one of the best Hilton Hotels in chain. Breakfast the following morning in Shulas was excellent
Thank you Hilton - we will be back when in the Richmond area

Room Tip: Executive floor - nice view and perfect room
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thank you for your "fabulous" review. It was great to hear of your stay and feedback on our facility. You certainly are close to most anything here at our Short Pump location;shopping, restaurants,movie theaters, and more. We hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Stayed 2x for business. Clean hotel with full amenities. Rooms large and comfortable. Good bathrooms but I like bright lights and these are a little dark. I usually try to bring my own lighted mirror. There is a magnification mirror but the light is not great. Great location near shopping and restaurants. Close to the high end mall. I was there for business so can't speak to family appeal. You want be disappointed

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your visit and amazing review. We will share your wonderful feedback with our team who consistently strive to do as you noted for every one of our guests. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

My husband and I were in the area for a graduation party and are self diagnosted "Hotel Snobs". The Hilton at Short Pump came through in the positive column for sure. Check in was great, I had used some Hilton Points for part of the stay and we recieced a Welcome Gift of Cheese and Crackers and vouchers for free breakfast in Shula's. That was a surprise and much appreciated. Our room was very clean and I loved the large desk and the lounge chair that was actually compfortable. The bed was average as far as comfort goes and would have been much much more comfortable if the hotel had grown up sized pillows. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I really can not stand when a king sized bed has tiny tiny (seriously I have soda throw pillows larger than these pillows) pillows on the bed. I think if the bed would have had king sized (or even queen) pillows I would have slept much better. I was also suprised there was not a bathtub since the rooms online showed one. I personally would have appreciated a hand held shower head as well. Most stand up showers in hotels have one. Not a deal breaker. We would stay again for sure but next time we will bring our own pillows. I also loved the under ground garage with the elevator right up to the hotel including the room floors. It was nice getting back to the hotel late and finding a parking spot easily. Over all it was a very nice hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Greetings Goldeelox9,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Our front desk team does a great job welcoming our guests to the hotel. They tend to go above and beyond with our Hilton Honors guests and always try to provide them with extra amenities or upgrades to thank them for their loyalty to our Hilton Honors program. Our housekeeping team does an excellent job of providing our hotel guests with clean and comfortable accommodations.
I do apologize for the issue with the smaller pillows in our guest rooms. All of our rooms do have the smaller pillows on the beds. After reading your comments and seeing how this was something that took away from what would have been a perfect stay for you, I will be looking into the possibility of replacing the pillows in the king rooms with larger pillows. Regarding the lack of a bathtub in your guest room, all of our king bedded rooms have the over sized glass enclosed showers. The only rooms that have a bath tub in the hotel are our rooms with two queen size beds. I apologize for the confusion with the room description online. I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentary underground parking garage during your stay with us and locating a parking spot was effortless even later in the evening on a sold out night at the hotel. My team of hospitality professionals and I appreciate you and your husband choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you travels bring you to the Richmond area.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Stayed here for a wedding nearby and loved the area. Great 2 for 1 spa deals on the weekend. Also, right on the strip next to a mall, and just about every store and restaurant chain you can imaginable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Greetings Dctori202,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit Aura Spa during your time here with us. We are fortunate to be centrally located right in the middle of downtown Short Pump within minutes of shopping, dining, and a variety of other recreational activities. My team and I appreciate you selecting to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the Richmond area.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Was at this location recently on business and found everything was great. Bed was comfortable and received clean towels everyday. The only thing to complain about was the dust. Found lots of dust on the bed headboard, in the curtains and on the edging around the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Greetings V7124GMvonneb,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share a review of your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be comfortable. Regarding the dust situation in your guestroom, please accept my apologies for this oversight by our housekeeping team. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping manager and can assure you that this situation has been corrected in all of our guest rooms. I apologize for your room condition not being up to Hilton cleanliness standards. My team and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business the next time that your travels bring you to the Richmond area.