All reviews heavenly bed club level infused water business park office park room service workout room off the highway very nice hotel front desk staff broad street pool and hot tub comfortable rooms the executive lounge room was large up to date short pump
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Great Stay. This was our 3rd stay at the Richmond Westin and are never disappointed. It is probably a 15-20 minute drive from the airport. The hotel is nicely appointed with gym, indoor pool, restaurant, bar, Starbucks, and complimentary infused water in the main lobby. The hotel and rooms are undated and trendy. The room was super comfortable as was the bed. The shower is the over-head rain type in a tiled shower with glass doors. A robe is provided in the bathroom. Ample mirrors both in the bathroom and in the room. There are ample outlets for electronics and the wi-fi was easy to set up. Mini fridge and one-cup coffee maker featuring Starbucks brand coffee is in the room as well. There is also complimentary coffee available in the lobby each morning.

Room service is available and fairly affordable with a nice selection.
We traveled with our 10-pound service pup. Upon entering the front door we were handed a doggie biscuit-how cute is that? Staff were very receptive to our pup. They even offer a complimentary bowl and bed as well as a doggie hanger for the door to notify staff that a pup is inside. There is a nice designated area for dog walking with a doggie station to dispose of waste.

Staff were extremely helpful. One lady in particular, used her card to activate the elevator for us so we didn't have to fumble for our card. She also later offered to dispose of take-out food trash when I exited the room to look for a trash receptacle. She was very friendly and ready to help!
You will enjoy your stay-don't hesitate to book your room!

Room tip: just ask for a nice view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Dear Amwyrick, thank you for your recent stay and for continuing to choose to stay with us when in Richmond. I am pleased to hear that you appreciate our recent renovations and that you found the entire hotel facilities and service to exceed your expectations. I am also glad to hear you appreciated our attention to your pup. We certainly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2016

This is a very nice, clean hotel with a very pleasant staff. While it is a convenient location for driving, there is really not much within walking distance. The staff was top notch! Can't say enough about them!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Work2Play_11, thank you for your recent stay and 5-star review. I am glad to see that you were impressed by our staff as this is truly what differentiates us from our competition as well as our overall hotel cleanliness. Thank you for taking note and we look forward to your return soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Great stay at the Westin,love the staff returned back after two from my first vist and as soon as I walked in they remember me, now what hotel staff remember their guest before check in. Room was grateful as always, even gave me great place to eat at.
Love staying at the Westin see you guys in three weeks.

Trip type: Travelled on business
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Justme2look, thank you for staying with us again and for the great 5-star review. We certainly appreciate your business and support and we look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Andy Kenner (Manager) did an outstanding job with ensuring our stay was the best it could be. My wife and I were visiting for our anniversary. I spoke with Mr. Kenner prior to our stay and he made sure everything was perfect. Thanks so much to the entire staff!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Larry T, thank you for sharing your anniversary with us at The Westin Richmond. I appreciate your time in writing a 5-star review and that Andy took such good care of you and made a lasting impression. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Reviewed 16 April 2016

I loved staying at this hotel and would readily choose it again if I return to Richmond.

My room was very comfortable. I asked for one far from the elevators and was given a room that was very quiet. The king-size bed was cozy, the tv was great, the bathroom was clean and and I loved the rain shower. (Maybe a few more racks or hooks for hanging towels would be helpful.) My one regret was that there was no window that opens. It would be nice to get a little outdoor air, especially in the spring when the outdoor temperature is moderate.

But this hotel really stands out because of the kind, helpful, and relaxed service that the staff provide. I'll give a few examples.

On my first morning, I ordered breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The servings were enormous and I couldn't eat it all. I asked my server to package up my fruit salad to take with me. I then proceeded to leave the restaurant without it! I went up to my room, changed, and then went down to the fitness room on the ground floor. After about an hour of exercise I remembered my fruit salad. I was pretty sure it was long gone, but I went to the restaurant, all sweaty and looking (I'm sure) fairly disheveled. I asked about the fate of my fruit salad, and my original server went to a fridge, brought out the salad, and handed it to me, along with a package of fork, spoon, and napkin to eat it with.

A second example: When I first arrived, I immediately attempted to go online to check my email on my computer. I couldn't get connected, and could not see what I was doing wrong. I called the front desk, who said she would connect me to an Internet technician. When I spoke to the technician I assumed that he must be some place miles away, sitting at a phone answering questions from feckless computer users. But as soon as he heard of my problem, he said he would come to my room immediately! As it turned out, I was able to forestall his trip, because I figured out how to connect. But I was enormously impressed that someone was so readily available to help me.

Another example: The hotel has an excellent shuttle service, which took me and some others back and forth between the hotel and the University of Richmond, where we were attending a conference. I was impressed by the drivers' consistent courtesy and patience--sometimes we passengers were a little slow to round up!

One more example: When I was checking out, two women were working at the front desk who were obviously good colleagues and friends. They were kidding around--and immediately included me in their jokes. They helped me to feel as if I were a welcome guest who was departing, and not just a number. It was a fine end to my visit.

Since the hotel is so good, I'll just mention one thing that could make it a bit better. The fitness room is excellent--very clean, with a good range of equipment in great condition. But the room was, to me, very warm, and there was no way to adjust the heat. A cooler temperature would make workouts more manageable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2016

Dear Introvertica, thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share sure a thorough review of your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the hotel but even more so, you appreciated the warm and genuine service of our associates which is obviously what sets up apart and above from the other hotels in Richmond. We are very proud of both the product and high levels of service that we consistently provide and I thank you very much for taking note as well. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager