1,108 results
All reviews wild duck salad deck chairs ice cream aqua gym waiter service evening entertainment jacuzzi bath sun loungers second row beach volleyball lovely holiday car hire sardatur holidays relaxing break town square wooden bridge
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve read other reviews and feel some are unfair. I would say this hotel is charming, yes a little tired in places, yes the drinks etc are towards the expensive side (but aren’t all hotels?), as are the sun beds. My one gripe, I think they could provide beach towels as we were plunged back into the 1990’s with all sorts of beach towels draped everywhere. This would tidy the place up instantly. Our room was perfect, large terrace with sun beds, table, chairs and umbrella, and always very clean, with towels changed daily. The bathroom could have done with a face lift, but it was adequate. The bar area was lovely and staff were great, and very attentive! Dinner in the wild duck was a tad chaotic, service wise, but the food on the whole was lovely. Front of house staff were very helpful and our check out was fine, very speedy. Overall a lovely relaxing holiday.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Louise L
Reviewed 18 July 2018

This is a veri nice Hotel and the Area ist maintained very well. The rooms are kept cleaned daily and the Staff is really fantastic. The rooms are neither worn nor in bad shape. The main house is a 50 year old buildung that is being renovated regularly. Even with lengthy considerations, I can not detect any real defects. However, I think it is a great pity that the guests don't use the offer of rubbish bins, ashtrays or they don't use the available showers before they go into the pool. The Restaurants and the Bar are very good, the Employees act professional. The breakfast buffet offers plenty, even special requests are gladly getting fulfilled!

Room Tip: A room with sea view is not needed, even the view of the mountains is absolutely beautiful!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We booked direct with the hotel for 3 nights, we also booked transfers through the hotel. We saw the hotel advertised as 4 star. On arrival to the airport there was no transfer waiting for us. I called the hotel and they passed me over to two different people who suggested I’d not booked the transfer (have it confirmed on email from them) or that perhaps I booked via an intermediary so it’s their fault - I clarified I’d booked directly and no offer came to organise my transfer. We decided to get a cab to save wasting anymore time. On arrival at the hotel there was no apology or attempt to appease us. The room was on the ground floor of the villa type buildings. The room itself was nice purely because it had been recently renovated. Although the sink plug had to be held with your hand if you wanted to drain the water which is pretty grim having to let the toothpaste water etc go. There was no iron and ironing board - when we requested one we were told we could pay house keeping to do it. You have to pay for towels for the pool and pay for beds on the beach which was very expensive. Otherwise, the hotel and facilities are tired and in need of attention. The pool and beds are tired and dated. The restaurant was awful - food below average and service was almost comical - the waiters seemed very unhappy at having to serve. The only staff that were pleasant and seemed to understand that this was supposed to be a nice experience were the bar staff. The food and drink was overpriced compared to visiting the bars and restaurants in Pula which saved the holiday. On checking out they tried to charge us for the transfer and took two people to check us and a person out ahead of us. In total it took 30 mins to check us out as they were fumbling through paper and receipts and generally appeared flustered. Overall it seems the staff have not been trained and do not have appropriate understanding of the service they should be providing. I would not recommend this place as it is overpriced - the cost of staying there, cost to eat and drink there, facilities are dated and overall was unpleasant to be there. We were looking forward to leaving as the longer we stayed the more we began kicking ourselves for booking it and spending a great deal on it in the grand scheme of things. It is a nice setting and location so with the right renovation and management I’m sure would be a lovely place. But currently it should be avoided.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ejs0047
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is a hotel that undoubtedly used to be nice, but has now seen much better days. There are a lot of facilities but all of them seem a bit tired. Some parts have been recently renovated but the entire place is in dire need of an overhaul. WiFi is so bad that it might as well not be there, and 3G/4G coverage is patchy. A suspiciously orange water comes out of the hot water tap. The food at both the restaurant and the breakfast buffet is unworthy of even a two star hotel. It is also quite pricey, and you have to pay for pretty much everything extra, nothing is complimentary (except the WiFi that doesn't work).

And something else: the walls are pretty thin.

In summary, very bad value for money.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank johnsutton2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I went there with my daughter for a relaxing little break such a lovely hotel I would go back again lovely clean room kept cleaned on a daily basis food fantastic staff very helpful beds a bit hard that's my only moan other than that we had a very relaxing break

Room Tip: if you want Seaview room make sure you ask for it when booking it
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family