All reviews morning and evening forte village business trip nice beach buffet restaurant seen better days other hotels in summary all ages family holiday kids club mara sporting hogging football facilities pizzeria
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Accommodation:
We were upgraded from Bouganville (4*) to the Pineta section (5*). Whilst the room was adequate, I wouldn't describe this as 5* in standard. One issue I did have with the room was that it smelt damp on occasion and the temperature control wasn't quite accurate. Room service was for the most part prompt. We had a complimentary bottle of Vino Spumante waiting for us and every day there would be something small waiting for us in the afternoon e.g. camomile tea with honey and Italian biscuits.

Family friendliness:
Very much so. The Children's Paradise was lots of fun and whilst we didn't use child care, it looked very secure and well managed. The Thomas the Tank Engine space was a little odd though - just a model of Thomas but not much else. The mini town was lots of fun and so was the daily train ride around the resort.

Food/Restaurants:
The morning and evening buffet was very good. A range of foods, hot and cold as well as ample drink and deserts - no complaints. The restaurants were good too - we went to the pizzeria for lunch which did a good marinara and pasta. The Braziliana and one of the other restaurants included in the half board package were decent but nothing special. However, the Dune restaurant (not included in price) was amazing - one of the best meals I've had. They also have a very good children's restaurant which we used daily too.

Facilities:
I really liked the Football/Basketball area and the numerous bars dotted around the resort. The spa facilities were excellent too. Swimming pools are just great -there is one which is chlorine water and another (with slide) which is sea water.

Value for money/extras:
Free WiFi but that's normal these days. €30 daily for the gym was just wrong - this should absolutely be free. Spa treatments are very expensive in general e.g. my wife paid over €100 for manicure and pedicure treatments that 1) weren't actually that good (they used cold water) and 2) would be a fraction of the price elsewhere. They arranged flowers for my wife's birthday as well as a birthday cake (both at my expense) which was done with very good taste. They also provided a complimentary drop off to the airport in an executive car which was highly appreciated at the time. Finally, the private beach is simply priceless! Definitely one of the best I've come across.

Stayed: June 2016
MaraMercuri, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Royal Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear Randeep B,

Reviewed 3 June 2016

We have stayed at this resort for the last few years with each year getting better and better. The staff are are absolutely superb, and are always at hand for any needs. The Pineta rooms are spacious and luxurious and the numerous restaurants serve a fine selection of top quality food for all tastes. The spa offers an excellent variety of treatments and I certainly would recommend the sports massage followed by the sauna for the ultimate in deep body relaxation. There are lots of great sports academies and coaches available to keep everyone active. The legend rugby academy is absolutely fantastic and a must for any rugby mad children......

Room Tip: All good, but depends what part of the resort you wish to be closer to
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
MaraMercuri, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Royal Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2016

Dear 868jason,
We are delighted to discover that you had such a good experience during your stay at our resort and that you were able to appreciate what makes the Forte Village so special. We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor and we really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back in August to Forte Village.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

My visit was a business trip but the resort made it feel relaxing. Be ready for long walks too. Good food-- wide selection on buffet. Nice long beach, friendly & helpful staff-- particularly Alessandro of front desk, he was very helpful. The resort is well maintained.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Dear Liz T,
We are delighted to discover that you had such a good experience during your stay at our resort and that you were able to appreciate what makes the Forte Village so special. We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor and we really hope that we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to Forte Village.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

I took my fiance here last summer to show her the beauty of Sardegna and the luxury it provides as well. Not only was this resort outstandingly beautiful, more importantly it was well-kept and CLEAN. I tend to judge a hotel based on its bathrooms, just because I, like many I'm sure, will not enjoy my stay anywhere if I think the bathrooms aren't clean. I start imagining all kinds of terrible things, so yeah it's very important to me and the bathrooms here were immaculate. The staff and service are exceptional and they are extremely accommodating to non-Italian speakers as well. Highly recommend to anyone who wants an amazing luxury break in what is one of the most beautiful islands in the world.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
MaraMercuri, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Royal Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Mario7756,

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Wow, what an amazing event we attended at this venue, truly fantastic. The facilities, hospitality and staff were all very helpful throughout our stay.
The internet was the best Ive ever experience outside the UK. Super Fast.
I will highly recommend to my sporting friends, work colleagues and local schools I work for. A great family location with so much to do, the food on offer was truly amazing with something for everyone.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
MaraMercuri, Direttore at Forte Village Resort - Royal Pineta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Neddie6,
thank you for sharing your positive opinion about your experience at the Forte Village.
We are very glad when ours guests are satisfied. All staff hopes to welcome you back soon.
Best regards.We hope to welcome you back .

Royal Pineta Manager