All reviews swimming pool junior suite sea view half board relaxing holiday lovely hotel large island speed boat small children most places beautiful flowers small marina crystal clear water minute walk hire car marinella beach sandy beach
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in September for a week.

Firstly if you do wish to venture out, hire car is necessary. Free parking at the hotel or a transfer to or from the airport is a set €50 single (approx 25 mins drive). Ponto Rotondo village is 25 mins walk with an initial very steep climb up the hotel drive.

There are two beaches at the foot of the hotel grounds plus small marina however the sand is disappointing. Many other beaches in the vacinity with free or paid parking available. This includes Marinella, to the right as you look from the hotel grounds.

Food is plentiful. Our superb package was half board with unlimited breakfast, excellent for non diabetics and five course dinner. Bottle of water is €4/5 or beer/wine €6 a glass. Large Lidl available on the way out of the airport - 2 litre water 17 cents and bottle of Prosecco €3-4. If you order a bottle of water at the dinner table, you will be charged €4.

There was entertainment via a singer six of the seven nights we were there. Played the same songs singing with his guitar each night however was very relaxing before or after dinner. Not bad considering.

Large pool however is deep with no depths stated. Could not touch your foot on the floor for a 5’7 person all the way around. Lifeguard on duty however used to close the pool 1-3pm each day which was strange. Many pool loungers available, some with lovely views.

Finally the room, amazed with what we got, pool and ocean view with very comfy bed and a fridge. Four bottles of complimentary water on arrival. Bathroom nice however full opening of door restricted by toilet. Make sure you close your curtain nets before darkness as there as mosquitoes around. Each night, we were above the singer, had our view door open, falling asleep to the music below us.....bliss!!

Reception staff good and friendly.

This hotel is superb, great value with our package and you can chill or venture out and see what this large island offers. Could not complain about their food and you must try their flatbread, looks and tastes like an oversized Dorito. Really pleased with the week

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here and the accommodation is amazing! Would definitely recommend booking a sea view room if you plan on staying here, it was quiet which we liked, nice staff, clean rooms, lovely swimming pool, small private beach, clear blue sea's and great boat hire service on the door step. The weather was temperamental but always warm, didn't need to go out in a jacket, always was comfortable in a bikini/shorts and top. Was hot but sometimes cloudy

Things to bare in mind:
- I wouldn't recommend coming here if you want to do lots of venturing out to different places, as this is in the middle of nowhere next to a beach and the next town (opposite you) is a 30-40 minute walk on road or 15 minute walk if you fancy twisting your ankle on the rocks across the coastline. You should come here strictly if you're willing to do nothing but sit in the sun, enjoy the views and relax on site, would only recommend here for a perfect long weekend or it might get tedious.
- Only 2 restaurants were open in the opposite town. One night we out for dinner and we ended up walking 40 minutes looking and walking 40 minutes back, most places where closed as its out of season, so you might be better off hiring a car or eating at the hotel
- I have attached pictures of the dinner we had at this Hotel. They where mains which cost €20 each plus €6 each service charge making our meal €52, but we did have a buffet included, but you had to pay separately €17pp for buffet if you didn't go for mains. Food may not look fab in the pictures but was nice
- Would highly recommend the boat hire here from Marco, it was the best day on our holiday, it cost us €90 plus petrol to hire a speed boat and we travelled to Montario Island (lovely beach and easy to get to) which cost us €20 in petrol, really good boats! Cheapest I could find it on the island too, great value for money
- Everything is EXPENSIVE. The taxi from Olbia airport to here is 20 minutes long and cost us €50. We had to put aside €100 out our budget for cabs to and from the airport. Be mindful of cab prices.
- Because of the time of year we came, the spa in the Hotel was closed. The nearest Spa is the other side of the beach (30 minute walk) and they charge differently to spas in the UK. You have to pay for either a 30 or 50 minute massage and THEN access to the sauna, swimming pool, jacuzzi etc is included for 1 hour otherwise you need to pay an extra €40 to access these facilities for 2/3 hours. Which works out as very expensive (we was quoted €180 for only 2 hours in the spa that included 1 hour, the other 1 hour having a massage.)
- Lunch times! I went starving one day as we accidentally missed lunch. Had to wait 5 hours to eat. I didn't fancy walking 40 minutes to the next town and back, so I had to snack on crisps and ice cream at the bar to get me through the day. For some reason dinner is really late and starts at 7.30pm

This is not a bad review, they call this trip advisor for a reason and I wish I knew all this prior to my visit so I wasn't in for a shock of prices, things to do nearby and meal times. It is amazing here and you will love it, just some advice and a heads up on a few things I would've liked to know before my arrival. Would 11/10 come here again for a relaxing holiday x

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

I arranged a week there for my parents. They greatly appreciated this Hotel. All the Hotel employees were very kind, the room they had was quiet and very clean. Breakfast and dinner offer a wide range of various dishes. If you prefer a sandy beach, Marinella beach is really not far as well as Ira beach. The gardens and bougainvilliers are well kept. The beautiful seaview and pretty surroundings bring a sense of peacefulness and well-being. Highly recommend.

Room tip: Seaview if possible
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

This was our second trip to Sardinia. Last year we went to Porto Cervo followed by a holiday on the mainland at San Vito (Taranto) and Porto Cesareo.
Palumblaza was a great experience. Superb location apart from the swimming options which were stoney although the hotel had done its best to make it user friendly. No good to a diabetic though.
Not to worry there areat least 4 sandy beaches within a 2 km radius which are owned by the local council

Room tip: We had a classic room without a sea view, which might not be important to everyone.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel and the string is beautiful, food really nice and good selection, staff friendly and helpful. I have a few negative comments, unless you have a car the hotel is quite remote, there is not a local bus to take you to the nearest town, it is walkable but takes about an hour. There is no courtesy bus provided by the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel if you are travelling with a baby unless you have a car. You need to take everything with you that is needed for a baby for example, nappies and food, there is nowhere to buy it. From personal experience we found that some guests were not baby friendly. We had a baby sun canopy, like a small tent, some guests complained because it did not fit in with the ambiance of the pool side and we were asked to remove it. We complained to management and in their favour they were apologetic and rectified the problem. A lot if guests here are Timeshare and they expect certain privlages, . We also found that the evening meal started at 8pm we thought this was late for small children. Having said all this I would return but probably hire a car, taxis are rather excessively priced.

Date of stay: August 2018