“Convenient and clean”

UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lowell
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Check in was fast, easy and even a little early (1 pm). Room is clean and comfortable. In the morning early, guests noises could clearly be heard through the walls and door. At 8:30, there was no coffee and it took 30 mins for them to brew more, but it was good coffee. There was a water cooler with oranges by the desk but in the morning it had not been freshened. Overall a good stay, don't expect too much but the location is great.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I stayed at the Inn for two days as part of an event that was held there. I was there to photograph the event. Experienced some difficulties with my reservation but that situation was resolved quickly and I appreciated the care and attention I received. The lighting in the room was not so great, and there was a work desk in the room, but there was no outlet near the desk where I could plug in my computer to edit my photographs. Spoke to someone at the desk who directed me to the business center that had great lighting and outlets so I could work comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay and with a few upgrades and finishing touches this would be a five star review. In my previous trips I have never experienced the level of service and care I found at the Lowell Inn and Conference Center. My room faced the canal and had a bricked area to sit and relax. There is a bar/restaurant near the front desk that services food and has a great assortment of top shelf liquors.... I know if I go back to Lowell, I will be staying at the Lowell Inn and Conference Center....

Room Tip: Free parking and walking distance to the historical district.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed for two nights for work. Nothing fancy, no restaurant to speak of, coffee and bagels for breakfast, 5 seat bar ( wine was Napa and nice) so no real amenities on site ( did not use fitness center). Room was roomy, very comfort bed, linens clean and crisp, tv was good. You could open the window for some air which I like very much. Heat came in quick, noisy but didn't need it on much. Bathroom was very clean, shampoo and conditioner, hair dryer. All good. My Employer paid for it but I think was around $130. Seemed pricey but I think it's the only game in town. All the staff I met were very helpful, friendly and informative. I didn't have time to explore the neighborhood but drove through, what looked to be a college type downtown. All in all, clean and cheery. All good.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank morethanthat63
Reviewed 28 March 2017

The room appeared clean but lacking in modern amenities. Outlets are not conveniently placed for charging electronics and there are no USB ports. The TV is small--maybe a 22". My computer monitor is bigger than the TV. My room had a Kureg but no coffees to make anything.
The bathroom and closet are tiny. The lighting is poor so its difficult to work in the room. They offer continental breakfast which was very limited. The muffins were stale and the fruit options limited. After seeing the selection the first day there, I went to a nearby Dunkin Donuts to get something for the second morning.
Because the room appeared relatively clean, I'm giving 3 stars but the limitations are significant.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Although outdated, this hotel is in a convient location. We only stayed one night for a concert in the area, but the staff really makes this hotel. We arrived very early and way before the check in time. Hayley helped us out and gave us a room early. We so appreciate the way she accommodated us, otherwise we would have had to wait around in the cold. I would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
3.3 km away
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
7.6 km away
The Stonehedge Hotel and Spa

Been to UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!