“What you'd expect”

Ranked #62 of 277 Restaurants in Lowell
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Lowell has an excellent selection of ethnic restaurants, especially Vietnamese. I've had lunch here a few times, and the food is excellent, especially the Phad Thai, the soups and the curries. The place is small but charming, but the service is consistently slow, which can be annoying if you're on a work lunch hour or have to get somewhere. My last time here was no exception.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

Have eaten here more times than I can count and have never been disappointed with the food or service. Highly recommend the Bun Bo Hue and Pho Sate as spicier alternatives to the traditional Pho (which is excellent). Fried softshell crabs are a delicious appetizer and the clay pot salmon is excellent as well.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We eat here almost weekly. My wife likes the soup while I get beef and have recently discovered their Sizzling Beef (#17) dish. Wow, the flavor of the grilled onions and the beef is amazing. It comes with a small order of white rice but I like to order a plate of veggie fried rice too. Mixing the flavors of the fried rice with the beef is something you just have to try. It seems the wait staff is not specific to any one table, so if you need something or are finished and want the bill, just speak up and they will be glad to help. Don't be shy.

1  Thank Jbonac12
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Came with three friends of mine expecting to be in and out. We were all craving for pho and two out of four got soups the others got a bun dish and the other chickens wings with a side of rice. I work at a restaurant as well and know what it's like to be serving people, so when we had our waiter she was not only awkward but not knowledgable. I understand if you don't know a lot of English but here I was ordering in viet. I ordered the beef stew known as bo kho. She looked at me weird and said porkchops? That's when I started to give a little downgrading to the place. I come all the time for the Shabu and get different waiters all the time. Mind you, we had gotten asked twice within 45 secs if we wanted refills on our waters BY TWO DIFFERENT WAITERS. This place seriously needs to work on their communication management and service. Not coming back anytime soon

1  Thank Qwerty978
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was in the mood for a Vietnamese sandwich and stumbled onto this place when I was trying to find another Vietnamese restaurant my friends recommended.

First, sandwiches are not on the menu. Second, if you plan to use a debit or credit card be aware that they have a policy that says you must charge at least over $15. This makes eating by yourself during lunch is going to impact your ability to use a card because the lunch special is not going to cost enough.

The menu was large and had lots of choices. I was surprised to see General Tso's chicken, thinking this was Chinese, but maybe it's Vietnamese as well. I had a ginger chicken plate with a side of white rice. I ordered spring rolls that were okay but even better when dipped into the accompanying peanut butter sauce.

The service staff was quick but also a little irritated that I didn't know what I wanted as soon as I sat down. They must have asked me 3 times if I was ready when I was still flipping through the menu. The dining area was loud at lunch, more the fault of the crowd there at the same (ringing cell phones, screaming kids, loud talkers). There are TVs on in the dining area but this wasn't part of the noise issue. The decor was simple and plain, with tables all having plastic flowers. The place is a bit dive-y but seemed clean.

The meal was okay but not great, especially considering the atmosphere and the fact the sandwich I was hoping to get wasn't even an option. I'd suggest looking at their menu before committing to eat, in case you don't see what you want or if you plan on using a credit/debit card.

Not bad, but I still wish I had found the other place my friends had recommended.