All reviews club level harvard square lounge access great location harvard law school an older building taxi stand historic hotel bit dated quiet location the concierge lounge room was spacious ordered room service sized bed front desk staff minute walk would stay here again
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here over a weekend and found it to be in an ideal location to explore Cambridge as well as an east T ride into Boston. The hotel is well appointed with a nice restaurant and bar. A very nice business area. The room was well furnished and clean. We found the service from all employee warm and efficient. I would return to this property without hesitation.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Wow, seriously Sheraton...$300+ a night for an average room with no mini bar and $19 per person for breakfast. You've got to do better, at least have the option to order food for late visitors like most upscale hotels. As for the room, comfortable and slightly larger than the average room but tiny bathroom. Generally, not up to par for the Sheraton brand.

1  Thank Husky2008
Michael G, General Manager at Sheraton Commander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear Ian T,

Thank you for taking time to offer candid feedback from your visit to our hotel. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations in regards to rate. We price our property competitively to similar hotels in our market. During peak seasons, the market rates do tend to be higher. I recommend checking our "Special Offers" page on our website as we often have packages and discounts listed there.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a memorable stay the next time you visit Cambridge.

Warmest Regards,

Michael Guleserian

Reviewed 29 September 2018

Stayed here with my husband, well designed large room, like the style, coffee and tea making equipment in room, great TV, the beds and pillows were really comfy, good nights sleep. The bar and resteraunt were welcoming and enjoyed the food. Good choice and staff chatty and really want to serve you.
The reception staff were so helpful, well presented and polite.
Very convenient for Harvard square and the T. Red line.
We left something at the hotel and the staff were so helpful in getting it back.
Professional and efficient staff.
I would definitely stay again,

1  Thank MrsandMrHappy
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I used to stay at the near-impeccable Charles closer to Harvard Yard, but Harvard moved their interviews so that it's too far to walk between the two locations. Thus, I am forced to choose the Commander. We stayed in a suite on the club floor that the concierge deemed the "best room in the hotel". Yikes. There were obvious hairs on the bathroom floor, the suite had a connecting door to the adjacent room and we could hear every yawn and drawer opening (no joke) through the wall, and the sliding bathroom door wouldn't close, all while paying several hundred dollars more than a regular room at the Charles. The tv wouldn't turn on; call front desk, they call tech, they reboot it remotely; try again; repeat; send tech to room and all you had to do was press the channel up button. The breakfast included at the club level? What can I say -- it provided calories, I guess. The service was abrasive if existent at all. Upon checking out, I waited for five minutes behind another guest without acknowledgement, only to be told all I had to do was drop off my keys when the attendant was finally free. The only plus at all was that it is indeed walking distance to the SOCH. Even that may not be enough to persuade me to come back.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael G, General Manager at Sheraton Commander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Wolch,

I'm very sorry we did not meet your expectations in several areas of your recent visit. I have forwarded your comments to my service team and will work with them to rectify the issues you experienced. Feel free to contact me directly at michael.guleserian@sheratoncommander.com so I can learn some more details of your stay so we can eliminate these problems for you and all future guests.

Once again, I'm sorry you had a negative experience at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to experience a flawless stay.

Warm regards,

Michael Guleserian

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Have been traveling back and forth to Cambridge all summer, but this was the first time I stayed here. The hotel is excellent, better by far than other more expensive hotels around Harvard. The staff is friendly, and although it's a little removed from the midst of Harvard Square, the location makes it extremely quiet. And, to be fair, it's no more than a 5-10 minute walk from the middle of everything. The rooms are large, the beds extremely comfortable, the a/c is wonderful, and the service is absolutely outstanding. The food in the restaurant is outstanding. The elevators are small, however, but it's a small quibble in what is otherwise my new favorite hotel in Cambridge.

Date of stay: August 2018