All reviews porter square historic house harvard square mass ave minute walk highly recommend this b b quiet street underground parking wet bar every afternoon jacuzzi tub breakfast was delicious the ground floor harvard law school first floor t station small fridge
Reviewed 7 July 2018

Had a wonderful stay at the Mary Prentiss! It's a gorgeous building in a great location in Cambridge. Some of the highlights:
- Beautiful room
- Very clean
- Working air conditioning (we were there during the heat wave, so this was wonderful)
- Comfy bed/linens
- Lovely garden area for sitting and eating
- Excellent food; I'm allergic to dairy, and they made me a plain egg and toast dish to order :-) A big plus!

I recommend this inn without hesitation!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The parking is a little tricky. They offer underground parking which is really meant to be used for compact cars. There are three spots next to the inn however there isn’t any signage letting you know you can park there. One of the lanes is for two cars so you might block someone or be blocked in. If you are parking and not driving the city, no issues. While we were there, a guest parked underground and was requested on two separate occasions to move their vehicle. They did not. Just keep it in mind. We checked in and were assigned Room 1. It is by the front door so I was concerned it might be noisy from people entering/leaving. No issues from guests upstairs either. We were pleased with the room. Two suggestions: offer ‘Do Not Disturb’ signs and place mini fridges in the room. The room had been cleaned while we were out and an item was mistaken for trash and was gone when we returned. We reuse towels and such, so we really didn’t need our room cleaned. As we were on a road trip with a cooler, we didn’t have anywhere to put our sandwich fixings. We used ice from their ice machine. The room was beautifully appointed and comfortable. Excellent WiFi and cable tv. The shower head is fantastic as well as water pressure. Comfortable bed. Excellent a/c. Breakfast is great. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2018

I stayed two nights at this place which was very lovely. However, my impression of the place totally changed because of what happened next.

The person at the front desk was reluctant to offer help when I told her that I might have left my phone charger in the room I stayed the previous night. I had to explicitly ask her to call around to check whether the housekeepers might have found it (can't believe that she didn't even offer to help check into the matter at all in the beginning). Then, after 10 minutes, she finally called and said no one had found/seen it in an utterly aloof tone. Since my phone was completely dead, I had to borrow a charger to get my phone charged to at least 5-10% before it could function again. After 5 minutes, she came back and asked, "are you through with our charger? There is a store (Rite Aid Pharmacy) across the street where you can buy one." I have never experienced such flat-out rudeness or coldness at any of the hotels that I have stayed. A huge disappointment at their professionalism.

Room tip: the room I stayed in has wooden floor and it made lots of noise.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Tingting T
Reviewed 2 May 2018

My husband and I were in Cambridge for a concert and chose to stay at the Mary Prentiss Inn. It is an absolutely charming historic inn. Our room was on the first floor in the front. Comfortable bed and very clean. We had no problem with street noise and slept very well. We are in our 70's and easily walked to Harvard Square for dinner and concert. We emailed that we had a car and a parking spot was ready for us when we arrived. Plus coffee/tea and delicious biscotti and cookies were also waiting for us when we arrived Breakfast was delicious and set in such a lovely space. I highly recommend this B & B.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I stayed at the Inn because it was extremely reasonably priced relative to many other hotels in the area, and is located very near to Harvard Square. I was pleasantly surprised. It is quaint, traditional, cosy and clean. The service was friendly and someone was almost always on hand to answer questions and provide help. The breakfast was plentiful although the choice is a little limited. There is always afternoon tea/coffee with the most delicious cookies. Overall I would highly recommend and would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018