“delicious, small gourmet restaurant”
Review of T. W. Food - CLOSED

T. W. Food
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Concord Ave
Arlington, Virginia
“delicious, small gourmet restaurant”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I went with my husband for my birthday dinner. We had three courses each, all delicious, and Bronwyn, the chef's wife, was welcoming and helpful as we ordered. This is amazing, highest-end cooking in a small, warm friendly setting. It's a terrific combination. My husband picked a wine he wanted to try and Bronwyn warned him it might not go well with one of our food choices, but also made him feel welcome to try it if he chose to. He did, and agreed she was right--I expect we'll listen next time but we still enjoyed it with the three of four dishes it matched better with. I expect this will be our new favorite choice for special dinners out, and I'm wishing to be back soon. With their weeknight prix fixe option, the prices are very fair for the amazing quality of the food and left us with funds to splurge on wine, too.

• Visited December 2011

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“An expensive locavore treat”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Owned by a delightful young couple who do a great job with mostly local ingredients, but too expensive to visit often and too quiet to feel really festive. When I'm going to spend that much for a special occasion, I'm more likely to go to a large bustling place like Cragie on Main.

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Definitely Go Here”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Hands down this was the best meal we have had in a LONG time. We went on a Tuesday and had the dinner paired with wines from the south of France. Just spectacular from beginning to end.

Visited December 2011
Boston
“Tobacco ice cream - do it for your self-esteem”
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Delicious, inventive and attentive. Just wonderful. As far as the tobacco ice cream that everyone keeps mentioning - I guess... unusual, though honestly - not that good. Get it anyway and tell everyone you did - you'll seem cooler.

Visited November 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent and imaginative food in cozy setting”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

EXCELLENT food including foie gras, lobster bisque and light very nicely presented egg dishes in jazz-accompanied brunch

• Visited December 2011