“Not a complimentary review”
Review of Desfina

Desfina
Ranked #106 of 690 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Why do restaurants serve fresh bread that has been sitting around so long that it is stale?

Or have they served it once and think we won't notice?

Which leads me on to my next rant - I am an idiot - I go into a Greek restaurant and order the lamb - I know they buy it from a wholesaler in a plastic bag and serve it up after microwaving it but I like lamb falling off the bone and the sauce sounded interesting

BUT

When the chef cannot follow the microwave instructions and it gets served the cold side of warm - I want to scream.

Send it back and my partner eats alone or cold. Eat it grin and ... unfortunately whatever it was that the chef smeared over the meat was not actually as interesting as the description.

So why did I leave a tip?

Maybe I am a candidate for therapy.
PS
My partner's chicken kebab was dry (she liked my sauce to help it go down).

Go figure.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

They don’t creat restaurants like Desfina anymore — at least not in Cambridge, MA where the order of the day is experimentation not authenticity. There will be no foam on the side of the plate nor a blow torch to accentuate the presentation here: just the warmth of the Saganaki cheese, fresh fried cooling down. Dishes like horta (i.e., steamed dandelion) go along with great grilled food for a fantastic experience. Don’t miss the mural of Desfina, Greece on the back wall and be prepared for appreciative and friendly service from the staff.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

This restaurant is a good option for Greek food in the area. Standard menu and good service. Within walking distance of the Kendall Square T stop.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Came here for our first lunch while visiting Cambridge. The saganake was delicious, while the spanakopita was just ok. Shrimp desfina was very good. Service was very good. Not my favorite place in Cambridge, but fit the bill for lunch.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Not fancy but good food and great service. Besides the standard Greek dishes they offer daily selection of fresh fish that I truly enjoyed.
Service is super personable and the staff always makes you feel welcome.
For Cambridge their prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Sguelpen