“Favorite place for a stop in Cambridge. ”

Hi-Rise Bread Company
Ranked #9 of 31 Bakeries in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

I often come here for lunch. Love the #62 sandwich (called D&N Have Exact Change!) Really enjoy the big table to sit. The cookies are the best especially the chocolate walnut chunk.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

everything is homemade... I had the short rib sandwich and it was probably the best sandwich I've ever had in my life. My dad and I also could not help ourselves and grabbed three different types of homemade cookies!!

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

Quick service. Smells absolutely fantastic. Hot chocolate very satisfying. Lovely selection of baked treats and what looks to be a very reasonable selection of wines for purchase as well. Extended evening hours were greatly appreciated, especially as winter darkness lengthens it's nice to have a bakery open past 5pm.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

I really enjoy the sandwiches and breads at Hi Rise, especially the breakfast sandwiches. The house-made artisanal breads are good, and have been for years. Some of the quirkier ones, like the potato bread, corn bread, and Boston brown bread are exceptional. The quiches – not something that's high on my list – are exemplary. Their dessert pastries are a bit heavy for my liking.

The Concord Ave location also has interesting wines for sale.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I come here once in a while for their lattes and vanilla loaf. It's pricey, but nice. The staff is not that friendly, I rarely stay to drink my latte.