“Good place for sandwiches and breads”

Hi-Rise Bread Company
Ranked #9 of 31 Bakeries in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 2 September 2016

I really enjoy the sandwiches and breads at Hi Rise, especially the breakfast sandwiches. The house-made artisanal breads are good, and have been for years. Some of the quirkier ones, like the potato bread, corn bread, and Boston brown bread are exceptional. The quiches – not something that's high on my list – are exemplary. Their dessert pastries are a bit heavy for my liking.

The Concord Ave location also has interesting wines for sale.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I come here once in a while for their lattes and vanilla loaf. It's pricey, but nice. The staff is not that friendly, I rarely stay to drink my latte.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Went for a walk from our AirBnB and found the Hi-Rise just one block away. I hd heard a lot about it and had my mid-morning coffee there. The coffee was Counter Culture and was rich and delicious. I was surprised that the walnut chocolate chip cookies were unremarkable. It was fun to watch the bakers at work.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

If you are in the area and want something to eat this is a stop by.

The cookies are really good, the lemon bread and the macaroon cookie (almond cookie) are the best.

The sandwiches are good and big. They can be shared for two if you don't want anything that big.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

On a chilly rainy morning we walked up Concord to have bakery for breakfast. Glad we made the walk as the baked goods were excellent and my grandson enjoyed his muffin. Hot coffee warmed us for the walk back. Recommended and we will return.