“Good and strong coffee”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I come here once in a while for their lattes and vanilla loaf. It's pricey, but nice. The staff is not that friendly, I rarely stay to drink my latte.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Went for a walk from our AirBnB and found the Hi-Rise just one block away. I hd heard a lot about it and had my mid-morning coffee there. The coffee was Counter Culture and was rich and delicious. I was surprised that the walnut chocolate chip cookies were unremarkable. It was fun to watch the bakers at work.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

If you are in the area and want something to eat this is a stop by.

The cookies are really good, the lemon bread and the macaroon cookie (almond cookie) are the best.

The sandwiches are good and big. They can be shared for two if you don't want anything that big.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

On a chilly rainy morning we walked up Concord to have bakery for breakfast. Glad we made the walk as the baked goods were excellent and my grandson enjoyed his muffin. Hot coffee warmed us for the walk back. Recommended and we will return.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

Hi-Rise's version of the grilled-cheese sandwich, called Classic Grilled Cheese on its menu, is nothing short of supreme. Its ingredients -- cheddar, Monterey jack, tomatoes, and spicy mustard on sourdough -- complement each other beautifully and are grilled to perfection. The sandwich is large enough for two people to share (unless you're ravenously hungry). Caveat: Hi-Rise is small and offers sparse seating; I'd never even seen empty seats there in the past, which is the main reason I'd not sampled the grilled cheese in earlier forays to the bakery for its also-excellent brown bread, until around Xmas week this past year, when crowds had thinned out. And grilled cheese doesn't lend itself well to takeout. So maybe go on an off-hour.