“The first of the Turkish-oriented small-plates place from Ana Sortun”
Review of Oleana

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Btw. Prospect & Columbia
Reviewed 11 December 2017

Oleana has been around for years, and to be honest, I've always had lukewarm opinions about it. The being said, we were there recently and had a pretty great selection of small plates: fatteh with crispy mushrooms (very good), kohlrabi pancake with stewed octopus (even better), quail kebab (very good), sweet potato kumpir with duck(very good), moussaka (excellent). That kohlrabi pancake with octopus is worth calling out; the description seemed uninspiring to me, but the reality is incredible. Great dish.

We had a dessert of "Golden Milk Panna Cotta with Pomegranate Granite, Apricot and Mulberry, Caramelized Buckwheat". A mouthful of a name, but light and flavorful and absolutely delicious.

Attentive service. I am one of this people who don't think Oleana is "Amazing" or "Mist visit", but it is certainly very good.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

All I can say is just go, you won’t regret it, I promise. We’ve been a few times, and during the Summer, they have an amazing outdoor patio oasis that is just perfection. Whatever you order, it will be outstanding, and ask your server for their suggestions, it’s all great.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

What a fantastic, memorable meal.
My friend and i had dinner - all mezes/small plates. It was truly incredible. Each dish had such a unique taste, texture and feel to it, but there was a similar taste palate of spices. It was amazing.

We had the Sultan's delight - tender, peel-apart tamarind beef, the Fatteh (minus pine nuts), the absolutely incredible parsnip hummus and spinach falafel. and deviled eggs. I also had a glass of the Erbanno rose - which admittedly was an odd pairing, but was just delicious. And to top it off - dessert - the panna cotta with pomegranate granite, mulberry and apricots - truly - it was amazing and a perfect finish to the meal.

Our waitress - I wish I had gotten her name, but red-rimmed glasses and she was a delight - helping us pick out dishes and filling us in on how dishes were prepared and with what spices.

You must go here. Not even a "maybe you should try it" - but truly - you must go here and experience this for yourself. You'll fall in love as well.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Had a fantastic experience last night at Oleana. Exceptional service, fantastic food and great wine choices. We were a party of four and ordered almost solely off the starters. Sampled seven and all were unique, fresh and well presented. Flavors were over the top. We had a great time!! Will go back again...

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Reluctantly made a reservation since one of our party is a picky eater. We shared several items on the menu (small bites). Every one was fantastic, but I loved the tamarind beef (sultan) and the baked Alaska. One of the best meals I’ve enjoyed. The flavors were incredible.