“Vegetarian and Delicious”

Ranked #9 of 690 Restaurants in Cambridge
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 1 May 2016

My wife and I have been meaning to try this location for a while, but we didn't get a chance to until a recent trip to Boston. We were glad we did. Just to give you an idea how popular this place is, we were there at 3 in the afternoon, and there was a wait. It was only a small wait, but if there was a wait at that time, I can only imagine what the wait would be at more popular times for lunch or dinner. My wife ordered the BBQ sandwich and I got the Reuben. Both were very good. Vegetarian substitutes have evolved to the point where they can be competitive with meat in most instances. The best treat, though, was dessert. The berry sundae was amongst the best ice cream I have ever had. It was two scoops of ice cream covered with fruit sauce and coconut cream. I also enjoyed the fact that Veggie Galaxy sources a lot of their ingredients from local companies. The service was excellent even though we had a shift change and had to change servers while we were there. If I had to quibble with anything here, it is the fact that the bathroom wasn't super clean and was covered in graffiti. Overall, though, this is an excellent restaurant, and I was very happy we finally made it here.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Location * good: to start on a positive note; the diner has a nice retro look.

Food * poor: perhaps they had a bad day but the food was disappointing. The veggie burger was cold and was not fried enough. As a result it tasted like raw falafel dough. The only meal that tasted ok was veggie BLT sandwich.

Service * terrible: long waiting lines even though free tables were available (in the back of the diner which is not visible from the street). Not sure if this means that the place is under-stuffed; or alternatively, if they want to create an image of a popular place?

and most importantly. I have travelled many countries across the world and I have never met so rude and disrespectful staff. I hope they just had a bad day and this is not a norm, because I was shocked. I cannot recommend this place unfortunately.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

The good - Magazine omelet and eggs Benedict were deemed tasty by all. Both contained carmalized onions.

The OK - hash browns and coffee were fine if not memorable.

The bad - We waited more than 45 minutes to be seated at the counter in seats which were open when we arrived. Seemed to be understaffed and were not utilizing a single seating promptly.

Reviewed 8 April 2016

I went with my vegetarian friend who was visiting from out of town. I got some type of barbecue pulled jack-fruit that was amazing! I would totally be a vegetarian if all food tasted like this. Had the choc raspberry cheesecake for dessert which I regretted. It was fine, but I didn't realize it was a vegan (not vegetarian) dessert which threw me off when eating it. Great atmosphere except it took them forever (20 minutes) to seat us when there were only a few tables filled and no one else waiting. Think stereotypical hipster when wondering about the atmosphere. I think this is the cool, vegan place where all the hipsters go. Everyone was super friendly it was just funny how stereotypical this place could be.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

I really enjoyed the cheesy fries here and the salad my fiancé ordered came out fantastic as well. What I ordered didn't sit well, I couldn't even force myself to eat it.

I ordered the jack fruit bbq sandwich that is supposed to emulate pulled pork/chicken. It was not good in my opinion, but it may be that I just don't like the ingredients they used as the base. I think that with a little help from seasoning and sauce that this may taste closer to what I consider to be bbq. I would still recommend as they do have other delicious options, but as most others noted the wait is inconsistent for service.