“Don't go even if they pay you to go”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Food by Foot Cambridge Food Tour
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Really. That bad. Lets see what did we eat on the food tour ... nothing!
We tasted beer which was good, we tasted sauces(yeah!!) at a grill place, and then tasted frozen yogurt which was ok. So maybe the yogurt part was the only solid anything going in. Its a scam, she is neither a good guide (the russian girl forgot her name) we probably know more about cambridge than her. we werent looking for a 5 course meal... just tell us where you can find what, be proud of YOUR place, show it off, wear it on your sleeve, give us your secrets, let us try small pieces of whatever is best in each place. NO. instead she BS-ed us and fed us sauce.. yuck. such a waste of a weekend!!!

5  Thank kolC
Reviewed 17 October 2011

If I had read the previous review prior to purchasing my Groupon, I would have saved myself (and my friend) the money. I don't recall the word Student being listed in any of the promotional material or Groupon message, and I have never been a student of Harvard, but I still have to think that Harvard students are smart enough to visit better establishments than this tour visited. Our tour stops were the same as the previous reviewer's, but the guide did try to tell us what sauces we were tasting at Fire & Ice - though once we tasted them we knew she had been wrong on almost all of them. At the final stop - Berry Line - she gave us our ALREADY FREE samples, said thanks for coming, and bolted out the door and down the street. Not that I was going to tip her anyway, but she certainly wasn't hanging around for the possibility. I would not recommend Food by Foot to anyone. And it should be noted that this company is not in any way associated with Boston By Foot, an educational organization that does history and architecture walking tours that are FABULOUS.

6  Thank BostonTourGuide
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I should have realized that when the guide showed up with a piece of paper scribbled with the words "Food Tour" that this tour would not meet expectations. It was supposed to be a student's food tour of Harvard Square but being a former student in Harvard Square, I would have include more representative establishments and included more and larger sample sizes.
The three stops on the tour were:
#1 John Harvard's Brewery - the bartender gave a nice presentation of the 5 brews and we each sampled one 3 oz glass of beer ; unfortunately if you didn't like the sample that was given to you, tough luck!
#2 Fire and Ice - we were ushered into a room and given numerous sauce samples and some stale french fry/potato sticks to dip into the sauces. It would have been interesting to know exactly what we were tasting but the guide couldn't even explain what the flavors of the sauces were. She said - just sample, you'll enjoy them.
#3 BerryLine - we were given a teaspoon of the delicious frozen yogurt to sample. A measly teaspoon!!!!! But it was fabulous!

We had come to this tour hungry and left even hungrier!!!! We had used groupons and still thought it was overpriced. It was truly a disappointment.

6  Thank Melanie C