All reviews harvard square nespresso machine rooms are small mass ave complimentary coffee smaller side charming hotel valet parking within walking distance street noise location is great visiting harvard front desk staff bed was very comfortable downtown boston lobby subway
Reviewed 12 December 2015

I enjoyed most of my experience at this hotel; the place was (apparently) clean (my sinuses can tell) and quiet enough, even in the middle of Cambridge.

One amazing positive: the person at the front desk went out of his way to offer free water and other beverages and noted that the bottled water in the room was no charge also. Hooray!

The wifi worked well enough but then came the weird part ...

I do dumb things sometimes, and one of my dumb things is that I occasionally buy Washington state lottery tickets. I play this game Hit 5 that has odds of "only" 500000 to one or so and when its jackpot gets above about 400000 I pretend that it's a "good gamble" and buy a couple.

I went to check the website for the winning numbers on the lottery site and was flabbergasted to get the message that it was blocked by Sonicwall as a "gambling site."

*splut* Is this an elementary school or a hotel? I have a hotspot that I started carrying for other stupid wifi problems (typically DNS or other network issues), but this one was a first. I asked about it on checkout and the young concierge expressed no surprise nor regret about this.

Not that big a deal; I do have a workaround. Just a strange thing for a nice hotel that caters to adults with credit cards!

I didn't even think to look ... I wonder if they were just still trying to sell adult movies from their TV interface? I didn't even turn the TV on so I don't know ...

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2015

The hotel is in a nice location and the rooms are small but cute. There were lots of towels in the bathroom and the internet was good. There were robes, a safe, a hair dryer and an iron available. Be advised that you can't close the curtains in the room so we got woken up by bright sunlight.

However what really let this hotel down was the staff. On check in we were advised that they needed a card number for incidentals. At no time was it mentioned that they were actually going to run the card or the amount they were going to run. The only reason we knew is because we get instant notifications from our bank.
The next day when we were checking out we explained that we had not been told about the charge and the staff member at one point said the money was already back in our account, then changed that to well you should have known we were going to charge you. To then saying well I am sure you were told and it should be put back in 1-3 banking days.
At no time did they say sorry and we were made to feel like we should not bring up the fact they charged our card without our permission

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chakstoneboo
Reviewed 29 November 2015

The service and staff were so friendly. They were courteous and helpful with answering questions and providing amenities. The amenities were great. The hotel was clean and the location great, so close to Harvard, the 'T', and restaurants!!

Room Tip: my room was overlooking the main street was was fairly noisy. ask for a room off the street.
Reviewed 25 November 2015

Service was courteous and excellent. I can'wait to make my next reservation while I visit HARVARD. It is also very convenient for the campus and the subway stop. Rooms were clean and bed was of high quality. I highly recommend visitors to HARVARD and Cambridge.

Room Tip: I am not sure that I can help with this question.
1  Thank Jaycee0123
Reviewed 23 November 2015

What a wonderful find! The minute we entered, we were greeted with warm friendliness combined with impeccable professionalism. When I initially booked 6 months prior, there were no "double double" rooms; I had emailed that a double rather than a twin would be great with no real expectation of this being possible... Imagine my surprise when they remembered my request and even managed to arrange it! How lovely! The rooms are tastefully furnished - ours even had a little balcony - and the bed was so comfortable, I felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. The lobby is a comfortable, quiet space for relaxation, with fluffy armchairs and there's even a fireplace. There is also complimentary juice, soda, water, and all hot beverages (tea, coffee, hot chocolate) on offer as well as something called "tortas de aceite", which has prompted a new obsession for me. It was raining when we arrived, and we were able to sign out some very sturdy umbrellas too! The staff were knowledgeable and friendly, and really made the hotel a cozy haven for the weary traveller! It's also very well-located, whether you're looking to stay in Cambridge (Harvard, libraries, restaurants, shopping etc within a 10-minute walking distance), or even if you don't mind being a little outisde of Boston ($15 cab ride from Back Bay and nearby access to public transportation). Excellent value and just an overall lovely experience -- highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have little balconies!