“Unexciting”
Review of Glass House

Glass House
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 671 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Description: Glass House is a restaurant, bar and event space that serves as a modern day meeting house offering contemporary food and drink inspired by both American and international cuisine, including New England raw bar.
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We came to meet and chat with friends for dinner. Worked well as was quiet on a Saturday evening and there was no pressure to give up our table. The dining area is separated from the bar by a glass wall which keeps a lot of the noise down. We shared a cauliflower appetizer which was excellent and a hummus which was tasteless. Then I had a half roasted chicken on mashed potato with roast root vegetables. Was perfectly fine and well cooked. My dining companion had the salmon which was a large portion but lacked taste.

1  Thank MikeBirdman

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This was our first visit to Glass House, and likely our last. There was a good selection of wines by the glass, and I did enjoy the smoked blue fish pâté. I ordered the Thai beef salad; the beef was done nicely and to my specification, but the salad was overdressed somewhat one-note. Luckily, the dining area is partitioned from the very noisy bar, allowing for conversation which would otherwise be impossible. If I return, I'll play it safe and go for the burger or the steak frites.

1  Thank travelgman
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I ate appetizers which I thought were great. Both the taste and size were worth the cost. The atmosphere I found to be very nice and staff very friendly. The drinks were also wonderful. This is definitely my new go to place.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

There are lots of great new restaurants in the Kendall Square area, and this is one of them. We joined some friends there for an early meal, and found lots to like on the menu.

We all had some drinks -- which were very good. Then we moved on to Lamb balls, oysters, shrimp cocktail, and the Beet Salad. we also had mussels, and salmon. All on all, everything was very good!

We would try this again.

Ask for the back room for quiet.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Went to a wedding last month at the Glass House. The food was wonderful and the restaurant was very nice. I have allergys and they were wonderful about getting me a meal that I could eat. The waiters were very friendly and helpful. Will go back again for a special dinner.