“Studio Donegal is a MUST!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Studio Donegal
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Kilcar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Studio Donegal is a family run hand-weaving and clothing manufacturing business located in the picturesque village of Kilcar, County Donegal. Visitors are invited to tour the facilities and observe our hand-weavers at work Monday to Friday. Admission is free. In our factory shop we offer our tweed throws, men’s and ladies clothing, hats and accessories as well as Donegal Yarns knitting wool and a selection of contemporary and traditional knitwear. We also stock a selection Irish made jewelry to complement our tweeds and complete our range.
Dublin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Studio Donegal is a MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I'm from NNW Donegal and this is the first time I've been to the Donegal Studios, can't recommend it enough. The tweeds are divine and the clothes have been updated to more modern styles yet they're very classic, nothing gimmicky at all. Also there are very very cute little bootees for babies and tweed slippers....check the website! Like the person who wrote the last review, it is difficult to choose! there are colours to suit everyone's 'palette'! and the shop is lovely and airy, no one breaths down your neck and hovers to push you to buy...all in all an excellent experience. You'll find that a trip here is well worth the effort.

Visited September 2010
3 Thank AgnesBDublin

Manitoba, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Don't leave Donegal without a stop at Studio Donegal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

I can't believe I'm writing the first review of Studio Donegal! One of my goals on a September trip to Ireland was to spend some time in Co. Donegal and, if possible, come home with something in Donegal tweed. I had seen the Studio Donegal website before leaving home, so my mother and I set out to find it. Kilcar is off the main road between Killybegs and Glencolumcille, very well signed, and Studio Donegal itself is impossible to miss.

Parking is no problem and, the minute we walked through the door, we were made to feel like welcome guests by everyone we encountered. The showroom is large and bright, filled with jewel-coloured woven products: everything from multi-coloured throws to cozy scarves in any colour you might imagine to lovely jackets in a number of different styles and colours. The only problem was trying to make a decision, but Mom and I both left feeling well-pleased with our choices. The time we spent at Studio Donegal was an important part of our feeling that the visit to Co. Donegal was a highlight of our trip.

But wait . . . that's not all! No website can substitute for an actual visit to Studio Donegal, but www.studiodonegal.ie is, in many ways, an extension of the real thing. At the time of our visit, I'd had to make a choice between two jackets but, after being home for a while, I decided to try ordering the second choice through the website. I was 110% impressed with the speed and efficiency of preparing and shipping my order -- so much so, in fact, that I've just this month placed and received another order (a special order this time, and it was handled so smoothly that a co-worker couldn't believe how quickly everything had happened). In addition to the efficiency, the people at Studio Donegal have a real knack of adding warmth and a personal touch.

To sum it all up, I've been absolutely delighted with (a) the shopping experiences, both real and virtual, I've had with Studio Donegal; and (b) the excellent quality and selection of the products available. Before deciding to buy our tweed there, we had visited several other places in the surrounding area, so my recommendation to travel to Kilcar is based on a sincere belief that Studio Donegal -- both its products and its people -- stands head and shoulders above the rest. I will definitely be returning to the online shop and, if at all possible, I'll be back to visit Studio Donegal in Kilcar as well.

Visited September 2010